Edge on android now syncs with Edge chromium on PC

Thomas Jordan

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
Edge beta on android now has new option in sync settings that allows you to syne favourites with the new Edge chromium browser on PC. It states only favourites sync at the moment but passwords, fans and history is in the pipline.

Attachments

• 2844.jpg
    2844.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 7

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for this. I haven't downloaded Edge for my phone yet. It will be nice to have one browser for my phone and laptop lol

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
Edge beta on android now has new option in sync settings that allows you to syne favourites with the new Edge chromium browser on PC. It states only favourites sync at the moment but passwords, fans and history is in the pipline.

Great find! I didn't know this and I was wondering when this would happen.

Update, I checked my Android Edge and cannot seem to find this option @Thomas Jordan?

How did you get the beta version of Android Edge?

Update 2: Got it - cheers!

Update 3: Even running a beta version of Edge for Android I don't see that menu - how do you get it?

Last edited:

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
When I opened Edge today (chromium) it was updated to ver 75.... the 'known issues' section stated that sync isn't currently available so I guess it's not possible right now :/

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
When I opened Edge today (chromium) it was updated to ver 75.... the 'known issues' section stated that sync isn't currently available so I guess it's not possible right now :/

So where did the screenshot @Thomas Jordan provided come from? Other users on other MS sites (OnMSFT) also cannot find that screen.

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Maybe I was unclear. I have the experimental builds for chromium edge PC. Haven't tried experimental builds for my phone with the old edge

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Most of the sync setting in the Chromium based Edge are not enabled yet. At least for the version I am using. But I am not sure how many channels are available and what is enabled on which channel. I have had Edge on Android for a long time now and have not seen that page either.

anon(7901790)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
I'm running Edge (Beta) on both my Galaxy Note 8 and Galaxy Tab S2. I am running Edge Chromium on my Surface Pro and Dell desktop. I have sync turned on on all of my devices and I have sync Edge Insider Channels turned on, on my Note 8 and Tab S2. It still isn't syncing favorites across ANY of those devices.

Edge Chromium version: Version 76.0.159.0 (Official build) dev (64-bit)
Edge (beta) on Android version: 42.0.22.3722

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jallymonz