Night light fast startup bug windows 10 version 1903 build 18362.53

messi4710

Apr 21, 2019
Visit site
I wanted to get some advice on an unusual bug with the newest windows 1903 build that I haven't been able to fix given the current advice on the internet.

After updating to windows 10 version 1903 build 18362.53, windows night light no longer seems to work while fast startup is enabled. The only workaround is to sign out and back in and it immediately starts working again. Initially, it does allow me to adjust all of the night light settings but when I do so, the color temperature of the screen remains the same (i.e. settings change screen doesn't change orange). This only happens with fast startup enabled. restart is unaffected by this bug and when fast start up is disabled neither is typical shutdown and boot.

I've already tried resetting both of my graphics cards (intel and nvidia) using "Display Driver Uninstaller".

I've also tried deleting night light registry folders at:
Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\CloudStore\Store\Cache\DefaultA ccount

Finally I've tried using the registry tweak:
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\CloudStore\Store\Cache\DefaultAccount\$$ windows.data.bluelightreduction.bluelightreductionstate]
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\CloudStore\Store\Cache\DefaultAccount\$$ windows.data.bluelightreduction.bluelightreductionstate\Current]
"Data"=hex:02,00,00,00,54,83,08,4a,03,ba,d2,01,00,00,00,00,43,42,01,00,10,00,\
d0,0a,02,c6,14,b8,8e,9d,d0,b4,c0,ae,e9,01,00

Nothing has worked. do you have any ideas about what may be causing this bug. have others reported anything similar with this build? I've never seen anything like this and it's really cramping my style to have to log out and back in every time I boot up my laptop to get night light to work. Any ideas for fixes or troubleshooting would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mducros