Hi, I have an ASUS LaptopF552Cl ( X550CL) – Intel core I7 3°generation, it came out with windows 8.1.
    I successfully updated it until windows 10 vers.1803 even if ASUS say that the PC could be updated until windows 10 vers. 1607.
    Problems started when I tried to update windows to version 1809 (I received it from windows update), because Intel HD Graphics 4000 stopped working. The latest driver is installed, I tried everything with no success.
    I found it strange since I’ve seen older and less performing machines working well with windows 10 vers.1809.
    Since windows 10 May 2019 update is due, I wonder if I will be able to update my PC or I’ll have to be stuck with vers.1803 for ever……..
    Thanks.
    05-07-2019 09:53 AM
    @Zikki You have 2 options to upgrade, you can do an in-place upgrade or a fresh install with media creation tool which you can obtain from Microsoft directly.https://forums.windowscentral.com/e?...token=7peRawHN

1) The in place upgrade will upgrade your windows install and you can roll back to it within 30 days.

2) A fresh install is a complete clean install where you will lose all your data however it will be a completely new install like when you first got your laptop.

You can also try to reset you pc via Reset this PC (not the same as rebooting) and in any case I would suggest backing up your laptop before upgrading or trying to do PC reset.
    So to be clear, there are two types of updates: cumulative and feature updates.

Both can be done manually.

Cumulative: https://www.windowscentral.com/how-d...dates-manually

Feature: https://www.windowscentral.com/use-m...date-windows10
    05-07-2019 10:42 AM
    @Zikki You have 2 options to upgrade, you can do an in-place upgrade or a fresh install with media creation tool which you can obtain from Microsoft directly.https://forums.windowscentral.com/e?...token=7peRawHN

1) The in place upgrade will upgrade your windows install and you can roll back to it within 30 days.

2) A fresh install is a complete clean install where you will lose all your data however it will be a completely new install like when you first got your laptop.

You can also try to reset you pc via Reset this PC (not the same as rebooting) and in any case I would suggest backing up your laptop before upgrading or trying to do PC reset.
    05-07-2019 05:25 PM
    @Zikki You have 2 options to upgrade, you can do an in-place upgrade or a fresh install with media creation tool which you can obtain from Microsoft directly.https://forums.windowscentral.com/e?...token=keV0BPpr

Sometimes it's good to just have a fresh install and start with the latest version of Windows. It makes for a cleaner system, as opposed to upgrading in-place. Although, if you do do that, remember to then run Disk Cleanup to remove all Windows installation files.
    05-08-2019 10:11 AM
    I tought about a clean install, but I don't know if Intel HD Graphics 4000 is compatible with Windows 10 May 2019 update. In this case I won't be able to roll back to version 1803...….
    Last edited by zikiki; 05-10-2019 at 02:08 AM.
    05-09-2019 12:35 PM
    I tought about a clean install, but I don't know if Intel HD Graphics 4000 is compatible with Windows 10 May 2019 update. In this case I won't be able to roll back to version 1803...….
    The May 2019 Update hasn't even been released yet. But chances are your graphics card will be supported. What makes you think it won't be?
    05-10-2019 09:23 AM
    Because the above graphic card did not work with vers. 1809
    05-11-2019 04:12 AM
    But that version is older than 1809. So that means there is a chance it will work. MS wouldn't let it not work really.
    05-13-2019 09:07 AM