Anybody updated to v1903 via Update Assistant.?

Wasath

Jul 29, 2018
Visit site
Hi
Did anyone update to Windows v1903 via Update Assistant.? Please explain your experience if you're having any issues with the new update. Your answers will be useful for people who are planning to update via Update Assistant :)

anon(5327127)

May 25, 2011
Visit site
I updated a load of work computers on Thursday and Friday of last week.
-6x Intel Nucs. No issues. Needed updates after and driver updates (Via Win Update)
-3x Standard desktops.
-1x Surface Pro 6.
-1x Gigabyte Brix.
-A few others.

We only have Office 365 (desktop app) installed, Windows Defender, as well as other applications.

Issues:
-Printers needed to be removed and re-installed, in a few instances.

No other issues. As always, it's okay to head straight into upgrades, in work, as the files are stored on a server. ANYONE that complains of lost files is just being a bit silly. ALWAYS run a backup before updating at this level.

dimitriovitch

May 31, 2019
Visit site
hello,

I just did it. upgrading to win10-1903.
it is the second time I use this method to major windows update (Windows Upgrade Assistant aka WUA) and I think it is one of the best.

- First this WUA comes in as a light exe file and will install itself on root C (as a regular app you are able to uninstall it with ccleaner for instance).
- After launching it it will check your system to see if it is the good WUA for your system.
- If ok, then it will begin to download the upgrade - note that you can pause it, stop it, cancel it and when you launch again the WUA it will resume the download where it was !
- Then, when finished downloading upgrade, it will ask you t install it if you want to do it now.
- When you are ready, you start the upgrade installation.
Here again if any error, problem or what ever, you' ll need just to re start the installation (and not doanload again the upgrade).
- at this moment I encountered an error , it was telling me I had to unplug USB devices (keys, ssd) then installation completed.

After the upgrade succesfully installed, you still have WUA app and its directorie where there is still the upgrade files, and the famous windows.old in root C.

FOr me it is the best option to upgrade and if you want to cancel the upgrade like I did, I wen to recuperation on win settings and in less than 2 minutes all was back ; with still WUA app directorie & upgrade, meaning if you want to re upgrade you wont need to download it again

anon(5327127)

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Two issues:
- Bluetooth headphones acted odd. Remove, re-pair.
- SD Card music library locked. Remove card. Reset library. Put card back in and add music library.

Not crazy issues but still annoying.

Rinsun

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
Hi
Did anyone update to Windows v1903 via Update Assistant.? Please explain your experience if you're having any issues with the new update. Your answers will be useful for people who are planning to update via Update Assistant :)

I updated on 24th May and have been using my laptop every day since then. No obvious issues so far but I am a light user.

Elky64

Jun 2, 2017
Visit site
Hi

Tried on one laptop after other methods failed. Was a no-go as 'puter kept locking up between the 75-85% mark, didn't bother digging into "why" as been down that road way too many times w/Windows 10 and I have a life LOL.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3