Can't update to version 1903 on my desktop, WTF?

hakerdroid95

Aug 24, 2018
Visit site
today, i got the most unusual message on windows update. it said due to an driver or service, it is unable to do the feature update to windows 10 version 1903? what the heck? does this mean I have to upgrade my computer with a new one? or better yet, just install linux like i did with my laptop?! any darn suggestions anyone? i hope to get a response asap.

hakerdroid95

Aug 24, 2018
Visit site
It's a Dell StudioXPS. I don't know how old it is but it used to run Windows 7, so I amsuing maybe 8 or 9 years old? By the way, I just got the "can't install updates" message again today, and it's starting to really tick me off. I hope I don't have to save up even more $$$ just to get another computer. It's bad enough my external hard drive may be broken. I don't know but the updated drivers though. I tried using support assist but the update drivers button on the program was greyed out and wouldn't let me click on it.

anon(5327127)

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Do it, install Linux. Enjoy the madness of getting everything to work, then wonder why you did it instead of the following...

...Or download the 1903 iso, throw the contents onto a USB stick and clean install. Cross fingers.

Before clean installing go grab the Windows 10 drivers, from Dell, for your wifi (if it has it) and ethernet port. Just in case.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadDaniel