Adding Apps to the Start Up List?

Jcmg62

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
On the settings page, under Apps, there's a startup tab, with a list of applications that will automatically start up when you boot into your PC.

I want to add two apps to the list, specifically Whatsapp and Your Phone. I keep forgetting to open these apps when I boot up my laptop in the morning, and keep reaching for my phone to respond to text and WhatsApp messages.

It would really help me to stop reaching for my phone if these two apps would just automatically open and start running whenever I turn on my PC.

Frankly, I'm kind of surprised that Microsoft hasn't added Your Phone to run automatically whenever the PC boots up, as the whole idea is to focus more on your laptop screen instead of reaching for the phone whenever it vibrates.....

Is it possible to add apps to the startup list? And if yes, some instructions, please :)

Thanks

spicypadthai

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
Here's the MS support page explaining how to add an app. I've never tried so I can't say whether it works, but the page says if an app doesn't have the "Open file location" option when you right-click on it from the app list, then it can't be added. Store apps don't have that option so I don't think you'll be able to add Your Phone unless there's a setting for it in the app.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro