I'm already relatively adept at technology support and maintenance, but I'm interested in expanding and testing my knowledge in IT and potentially pursuing a career in it. Does anyone know of good, free resources I could use?
    06-03-2019 04:59 PM
    No problem, and just noticed the VA goes away in a few days and MS Learn is the site to use.
    What exactly would you like to do? Depending on what you want might have an effect on what you would need to learn.
    06-03-2019 08:18 PM
    I just realized there is an extra "r" in the title, which is completely awful. Anyways, I would have a focus on managing Windows 10. I'm already extremely familiar, but I'd like to be even more efficient at handling multiple accounts, handling Windows 10 installs and back-ups, and being able to troubleshoot a variety of Windows issues with ease. I know I have a variety of skills already, but I've never had any formal resources to see if there's something I could do better.
    06-03-2019 08:24 PM
    Start with the MS Virtual Academy, there are several free courses on a variety of topics. If you're looking at the systems side more than app, then server/network/AD stuff would be more valuable than Windows 10/PC. But the app side, especially front-end web development, probably has the most career upside.
    pkcable likes this.
    06-04-2019 10:22 AM
    Thank you, I appreciate it.
    06-04-2019 12:43 PM
    No problem, and just noticed the VA goes away in a few days and MS Learn is the site to use.
    pkcable likes this.
    06-04-2019 03:18 PM
    If you (or anyone) has any interest in programming then Github is a great resource.

https://github.com/

PS: I fixed the typo in the thread title (plus added a descriptive word). And I marked a "best answer" :)

PPS: A good resource for hardware is Tom's Hardware....

https://www.tomshardware.com/
    06-05-2019 09:46 AM