Cortana not working

anotherBeliever

Oct 11, 2017
Visit site
Cortana used to show updates on my interests when I press the search button on the start screen. But all I get now is the stock ticker update, nothing else. What happened? :eck:

J Dubbs

Jun 7, 2016
Visit site
Yep Cortana on my wife's phone used to show her interests, now it just says that feature's not available in your region yet. We're in the U.S. and she's had windows phones since the 520 came out running Windows mobile 8, when Cortana was first introduced :-[

Cortana's dying...... I wonder when the funeral will be? :O

anotherBeliever

Oct 11, 2017
Visit site
My 950 got an update last night. I was hoping this would start working again... but no.

Luckily Cortana still works in my car.

I have had Windows phones since 2014 and love it. I really don't want to switch. Please save us.

spicypadthai

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
I'm assuming the reduced mobile functionality is b/c of the changes/gutting occurring on desktop where she's become a disjointed, and mostly useless, mess. The mobile stuff stopped working pretty much at the same time 1903 became publically available. Given she's a service, it makes sense the changes to separate her from search and further reduce her "app" abilities are now trickling down to mobile. By the time MS rebuilds her as a pervasive AI assistant, W10M will be long gone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05