I am formatting my computer, I am struggling to decide on which windows to install.
    Windows 10 does not ask user whether to install upadates or not.

Let me know your views on which to choose version of window.

Thanks
    06-16-2019 03:45 AM
    I would use win10 because win7 support ends in January, 14, 2020.
    06-16-2019 04:03 AM
    I am formatting my computer, I am struggling to decide on which windows to install.
    Windows 10 does not ask user whether to install upadates or not.

Let me know your views on which to choose version of window.

Thanks
    You can turn off automatic updates in Windows 10 using group policy.

There's some other tricks if that doesn't work.

Simple search online and here at Windows Central will show you how.
    06-17-2019 03:48 AM
    Windows 10 is more feature rich, and also IMO runs faster. You can run UWP apps, and some of those are quite handy. You can easily toggle radios, access features like device settings etc. Live tiles for quick checking stuff. It's an adjustment, but one I think everyone should be doing by now.

The pro version has always had decent update controls, and I believe the home version does now too. The latest or incoming update also has the ability to delay for some period, up to a certain number of months. So as soon as the new update rolls out, you should have plenty of control over that.

Just my opinion, but I'm sort of a fan of 10. Windows 7 was nice, but every time I go back to it, I find it harder to get to the things I want.
    06-19-2019 10:50 PM
    Thank you very much for your extensive answer all of you.
    06-22-2019 03:27 AM
    CONS:
    1. Windows Media Centre is no longer available. In replacement there is Xbox Music & Video Apps.
    2. Gadgets like weather and news that you could pin on desktop are gone. But Live tiles are a great option for this purpose.
    3. User Accounts in Windows 10 won't give you the full functionality of Windows features like accessing Windows Store, Onedrive, syncing apps, backup.
    4. You can't disable automatic updates in Windows 10(there are workarounds How do I disable Windows 10 updates (metered connection issues) while not disabling the Windows Store?).
    5. Although you could change most of the defaults in Privacy Settings, there are still some instances where Windows 10 sends data to Microsoft servers: Even when told not to, Windows 10 just can’t stop talking to Microsoft. This has created a concern over privacy in Windows 10.

These are the differences that I think will affect many users and about which people will be more concerned of.

Hope this helps!

Regards,
    Adrian
    Windows Administrator - Apps4Rent
    1. Does the people who posted this use Media Center?
    5. Google, Facebook, Twitter, Amazon, etc. also sending your data too. Why are you so paranoid? Almost every websites nowadays collecting your data.
    06-22-2019 07:21 AM