Invisible app preventing shutdown?

CatusFatus

Jun 19, 2019
Visit site
I’m having this problem with my Windows 10 PC. When I try to shut it down, it says something like “the following apps are preventing shutdown”, but it just shows a program with no name and the default icon, and after about a minute, without me touching anything, it will just go to the lock screen. I can press “shutdown anyway”, and it will just shutdown normally, but it’s still annoying.

Can someone tell me if this is likely to be some sort of virus, and if so, how can I remove it. I currently don’t have a third party antivirus installed, so it could be a virus.

Kind regards

Last edited:

CatusFatus

Jun 19, 2019
Visit site
Speccy, 4K video to MP3 (something like that, uninstalled it), OBS, MediaInfo. I'm not at my PC now, so they're just off the top of my head. I think I might have installed some malware though. Do you know any good free antivirus software, because the Malwarebytes pro trial didn't find anything. It's also running a bit slower than it should, but it's a reasonably old machine. The CPU and RAM usage has been a bit higher than it should as well.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3