So I was trying to do this little tutorial..

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-get-rid-shortcut-arrows-windows-10

But when it came to find the Explorer folder in the Registry Editor...I couldn't find it within the Software folder! It seems like that is a pretty important folder to have [basing it off of what was seen inside the folder from the tutorial, and everyone in the comments actually having it!]

Is there a possibility that it's somewhere weird? Please help because I'm a tad freaked and I would eventually like to not have stupid arrows on shortcuts LOL
    07-19-2019 05:36 PM
    look at it again. it is in the current version folder, four more folders to go after the software folder

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer
    Laura Knotek and TechFreak1 like this.
    07-20-2019 05:08 PM
    So I was trying to do this little tutorial..

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-g...ows-windows-10

But when it came to find the Explorer folder in the Registry Editor...I couldn't find it within the Software folder! It seems like that is a pretty important folder to have [basing it off of what was seen inside the folder from the tutorial, and everyone in the comments actually having it!]

Is there a possibility that it's somewhere weird? Please help because I'm a tad freaked and I would eventually like to not have stupid arrows on shortcuts LOL
    If aren't already, I'd recommend installing Vmware player and installing Windows in a virtual machine.

This way if you break something you don't have to reinstall the o/s lol... just speaking from experience lol.

Also you might find removal of the shortcut arrows quite annoying after a while especially when it comes to backing up .exes / applications as you might mistakenly back up the shortcut instead of the installer (especially portables like Rufus).
    Last edited by TechFreak1; 07-21-2019 at 09:04 AM.
    ven07 likes this.
    07-21-2019 07:42 AM