One of my laptop(Dell M6700) is failing to update any cumulative update package after KB4515384.

Every package are downloaded to 100%, installed to 100% then gave the same Error 0x80073701

untitled.jpg

I tried some of the solution over internet and nothing works.

I really don't want to reinstall the system since dropbox are limiting the number of computers can installed their app. I'll lost it if I reinstall the system.

Is that all I can do is waiting for 1909 update and hope it can overwrite all this BS?
    10-13-2019 12:57 PM
    One of my laptop(Dell M6700) is failing to update any cumulative update package after KB4515384.

Every package are downloaded to 100%, installed to 100% then gave the same Error 0x80073701

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	111.4 KB 
ID:	141485

I tried some of the solution over internet and nothing works.

I really don't want to reinstall the system since dropbox are limiting the number of computers can installed their app. I'll lost it if I reinstall the system.

Is that all I can do is waiting for 1909 update and hope it can overwrite all this BS?
    I presume you uninstalled - KB4515384?

Also have you tried disk clean up to remove the update files, temp update files etc?

Lastly if you are running pro, have you configured updates to "notify to download and auto install" via group policy?
    10-14-2019 04:10 PM
    I presume you uninstalled - KB4515384?

Also have you tried disk clean up to remove the update files, temp update files etc?

Lastly if you are running pro, have you configured updates to "notify to download and auto install" via group policy?
    1)I didn't remove KB4515384, it never installed on my system. Got error 0x80073701 at first place then after 15 times of failed update it stop appear when I press "check update"

2)Yes, I also tried clean the update temp folder, turn off auto update service-reboot-restart service, download the update package and install by myself - all didn't work.

3)I always let the system auto update, never turn it off.

My only hope is that 1911 can be force to update by windows 10 update assistant and Get everything patched. I can't trust the lousy windows update now....
    10-14-2019 10:30 PM
    1)I didn't remove KB4515384, it never installed on my system. Got error 0x80073701 at first place then after 15 times of failed update it stop appear when I press "check update"

2)Yes, I also tried clean the update temp folder, turn off auto update service-reboot-restart service, download the update package and install by myself - all didn't work.

3)I always let the system auto update, never turn it off.

My only hope is that 1911 can be force to update by windows 10 update assistant and Get everything patched. I can't trust the lousy windows update now....
    1) I see, well that sucks.

2) Hmm, you can try ccleaner (you can download an old version off filehippo.com) I wouldn't recommend using it's built-in registry cleaner as these do more damage than good.

3) If you have 10 pro, I'd recommend using group policy to stop Windows Update auto updating as it's completely borked. As this way you can use the Microsoft's asinine troubleshooting tool, to hide troublesome updates temporarily which you can get here:

Support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4027322/windows-update-troubleshooter

I presume moving stuff off dropbox and reuploading is not an option?

Lastly, is it possible for you to move the synced folders for Dropbox to another drive or partition?

You can find steps to move the drop box folder here:

help.dropbox.com/installs-integrations/desktop/move-dropbox-folder

Also can you access that location via other devices?

If not presuming you are using dropbox basic - which now has a three device limit, you may have to remove a device and add another PC as it looks like you can't move the sync folder to a removable drive.

help.dropbox.com/accounts-billing/settings-sign-in/computer-limit

help.dropbox.com/accounts-billing/settings-sign-in/unlink-relink-computer-mobile

However, I'm guessing you have multiple devices linked prior to the three device limit in that case you would have to either become a paid member or wait for next update to see if that fixes the issue.
    Last edited by TechFreak1; 10-15-2019 at 06:17 AM.
    10-15-2019 05:47 AM
    10-15-2019 07:38 PM
    I just got my problem solved by download the 1909 ESD and convert to ISO, proceed an upgrade install over my system with all my settings and apps remained.

It's scary but worked, I have to observe for few days and see how the system goes while waiting for 1911 cumulative update to test if the windows update will work properly.

For Dropbox, the issue is that now they limited the number of machine you can install their app with your free account(I remember it's 3 now, before it's unlimited and I'm happy with my 11GB space). I have more than 3 computers working at different places linked with TeamViewer and dropbox so I really don't want to re-install OS at my main computers in the cost of losing the ability to link with dropbox
    10-17-2019 10:36 AM
    I just got my problem solved by download the 1909 ESD and convert to ISO, proceed an upgrade install over my system with all my settings and apps remained.

It's scary but worked, I have to observe for few days and see how the system goes while waiting for 1911 cumulative update to test if the windows update will work properly.

For Dropbox, the issue is that now they limited the number of machine you can install their app with your free account(I remember it's 3 now, before it's unlimited and I'm happy with my 11GB space). I have more than 3 computers working at different places linked with TeamViewer and dropbox so I really don't want to re-install OS at my main computers in the cost of losing the ability to link with dropbox
    Sounds like the inplace upgrade has resolved your issue, hope the fix is permanent!

Keep us updated, excuse the pun couldn't resist lol.
    10-19-2019 06:51 PM
    Well after 1909 update the system works ok

Now I can more or less understand why some people wanna shut down update function forever lol
    Yesterday 11:01 AM