Why is bluetooth on / off toggle missing?

Gamely Lounges

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Hi,
Is anyone else missing their bluetooth on / off toggle button?
Under bluetooth & other devices I no longer have an icon toggle button to turn Bluetooth on and off.
Also, I can't find the Bluetooth icon under my notifications / actions center or system tray.
And when I go to device manager, Bluetooth is not listed.

My windows version is
10.0.18362 Build 18362

My other computer seems fine. It's on an older build.

Interestingly ... some Bluetooth devices do still work fine (my Logitech headset, keyboard, mouse).
Thanks

spicypadthai

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
We just had this issue, minus devices still working, last week on one of our PCs at work. It's on newer build (18363.836) but similar symptoms: no Bluetooth toggle and not visible by default in Device Manager. However, it was hidden (go to View > Show hidden devices) but it wasn't showing any problems and the driver said it was up to date. I tried removing it, restarting the PC, and scanning for new hardware in Device Manager, but that didn't work. What did work was shutting the PC down, unplugging it, letting it sit for a few minutes, and then powering it on again. This wasn't by design, I did it to swap out the PC for another and then set up the one with the problem to troubleshoot it further. But the Bluetooth toggle mysteriously reappeared, it was visible by default in Device Manager, and it works fine, just like before. I didn't reinstall drivers or even do a scan for new hardware. It was like the problem never happened. So try the shutdown/unplug the power for a few minutes/cold boot. It probably saved me a couple hours of time with Dell tech support...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos