Lumia 950 Wireless QI Charging problem using DT-904

Philip Livingstone

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

I am unable to charge my Lumia 950 using the Microsoft DT-904 Wireless Charging Plate...which I just bought from Microsoft

The DT-904 is definitely powered as when I press the button underneath, it lights up...

I have no phone case...do I need a new battery?

Is there something I can try to get it to sgtart charging my battery?

thanks

spicypadthai

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
Does it charge fine via USB cable? If no, then it's probably a battery issue. If yes, then have you played around with the placement on the plate? My 950XL had to be placed precisely for wireless charging to work and even then it was a little wonky. I gave up and always charged it via USB which was much faster anyway.

RTGent

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

I am unable to charge my Lumia 950 using the Microsoft DT-904 Wireless Charging Plate...which I just bought from Microsoft

The DT-904 is definitely powered as when I press the button underneath, it lights up...

I have no phone case...do I need a new battery?

Is there something I can try to get it to sgtart charging my battery?

thanks

I never tried the DT-904; I use a Seneo Fast Charge unit for my 950 every day and I have 3 original batteries that charge up fine. The Seneo works with thin and thick cases fine. Sure, it could be the battery, or the phone. Was your 950 working/wirelessly-charging fine for you recently or previously? Do you have any other devices that support Qi charging with which to test the charger? I'd also try another outlet even if the light is going on: I thought the Seneo had died about a year ago, and it turned out to be an outlet that was not working. A light going on is not a sufficient indicator that the charger is fine. I'd return it and request a refund or replacement if those were options. Good luck resolving this.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720