Win11 and external disk - Can't install

sunco

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
My PC is able to run Windows 11, and I know this because I alredy install it and then revert it because I want to use it on an external disk (also it pass all the WhyNotWin11 thing)

I have this storages:

- Hp laptop with SSD 256 GB
- External Usb HDD with 1 TB and two partitions (D:, E:)
- Usb pen with 16 GB (F:)

Want to install Windows 11 on partition E: but just can't

I'm able to run Rufus and make a bootable Usb (F:), but when tried to boot with it, it says the Usb doesn't pass security

If I deactivate Secure boot, then I'm able to use the Usb (F:) but the installation says my Pc doesn't meet requiremente (because the Secure boot I guess)

If use Rufus on the 1 TB disk, it says will clean it all, but I have stuff on D:, only want to clean E: but there is no option to do that

Also I copied all the information from the Usb (F:) to E: and move some stuff with diskpart.exe to make it booteable, but when boot, the installation says my Pc doesn't meet requirements

What can I do? I have it on VirtualBox, but want it on my E:

Jun 9, 2021
Visit site
A simple solution for all this is to use third party app like <redacted by moderator>. This is simple and easiest way to install to external HDD or USB.
I personally tried it on even unsupported PC for Windows 11 and install it without facing even a single problem.
So try this and hoping that your problem will be solved.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jun 9, 2021
Visit site
Surprised because last week I installed windows 11 in desired partition on external HDD (GPT Partition Style) using that Software. Before Installation allocating 50GB partition for windows.

Your Partition Style is MBR or GPT?

OneMarcilV

Oct 8, 2021
Visit site
A simple solution for all this is to use third party app like <redacted by moderator>. This is simple and easiest way to install to external HDD or USB.
I personally tried it on even unsupported PC for Windows 11 and install it without facing even a single problem.
So try this and hoping that your problem will be solved.

Redacted is not supported on my device.

7df68d5828fa1778169f73ba34fef90e.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa