Am I the only guy that uses 'right click'?

Sep 19, 2015
Visit site
So I want to quickly rename a file; I right-click and ...'rename' is now gone. What? I have to click again 'show more' to get to it. Again: I want to quickly send a file to my email or to a USB external...I right-click and...'send to' is also gone. What? Is this simplifying things for me? NO! This is Windows for Kindergarten. Am I the only guy that uses these?

OneMarcilV

Oct 8, 2021
Visit site
So I want to quickly rename a file; I right-click and ...'rename' is now gone. What? I have to click again 'show more' to get to it. Again: I want to quickly send a file to my email or to a USB external...I right-click and...'send to' is also gone. What? Is this simplifying things for me? NO! This is Windows for Kindergarten. Am I the only guy that uses these?

I use right click quite often. There are a few things in Windows 11 that need changing. One of which is what you just wrote about.

revmacian

Oct 10, 2021
Visit site

Yeah, there are some instances where Windows 11 is trying to be a "babysitter" rather than a tool that helps people. I'm guessing Microsoft thinks only toddlers use their operating system.

Regarding your right-click issue, try these two things:

* left-click a file/folder and tap the menu key - the ne between the right Alt and Ctrl keys

or

* left-click a file/folder and press the F2 key on your keyboard.

OneMarcilV

Oct 8, 2021
Visit site

Ok here is what you do. Right click on the icon you want to change the name. The on the bottom of those options you see “Show more options”.

Within those options these is the rename feature.

Sep 19, 2015
Visit site
Yes - I see that. The point is: in Windows 10, one right-click would get me to what I need and use. Now, with Windows 11, I have to right-click twice to get to what i need and use. This is not progress. This is not simplifying things for me. This is a step backwards...for 'send-to' and 'create short-cut', you have to click twice.

Last edited:

Tempest790

Oct 3, 2004
Visit site
Kind of reminds me of the Personalized Menus that Microsoft used back in the early 2000's. I hated those because of the extra clicks and it hid a lot of menu commands to might need (even if you didn't use them often). Worse, when you tried to help someone over the phone, they kept saying the couldn't find that specific menu command. I'd have to tell them to click that super tiny double arrow at the bottom to open up the full menu. You could disable it, but it was turned on be default. Microsoft killed that off thank goodness. I guess they decided to try it again.

I find it funny in the above screenshot that they have Open in Windows Terminal listed directly. I mean, how many users actually need that on the main right-click menu?

Future Prediction for Windows 13 Right-Click Menu:

Show Options -> Show More Options -> Show Even More Options -> Show Lots More Options -> Show Every Last Possible Option -> Rename

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Felix999