Win11 File Explorer Unusable

bpdunc

Feb 28, 2016
Visit site
That's not a figure of speech. It is actually unusable. I upgraded from Win10 (not a clean install) and when I launch File Explorer it chokes. When I navigate to a folder or double click a file the search progress bar starts and eventually each click is actioned. It is sooooo slow the double click becomes a select click and the second eventually a change name click. It just never gets there. I shut it down in task manager and try to use Teams or Sharepoint shells. The Control Panel 'up arrow' get around has the same problem. I've waited for the urgent fix from Microsoft but seems it's not urgent. No shell - cripes! Didn't see that coming. Anybody?

Jun 9, 2021
Visit site
Actually when you get feature update in windows update settings in my experience most of time you face some hitches and glitches so i suggest you to clean install windows 11 to get rid of these irritating issues...

bpdunc

Feb 28, 2016
Visit site
Yep. I installed the 'Files' app which worked just fine. Then a Win11 uodated finally rolled in which fixed File Explorer. Can't help feeling it's laggy but bareable. I wonder if Files is 'containerised' but File Explorer not. Shame 10X code base won't get a clean run. It's like the marines - no code gets left behind equals no mission gets accomplished.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro