I bought a Windows 7 computer and want to get the 14.99$ upgrade.

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
I registered as soon as I got the computer but I lost the email. Will they send me a new one?

Also does Windows 8 have a good youtube app? Chrome is so bad at playing youtube videos is making me cry.

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
How is Internet Explorer 10? any reviews out there? I'm just tired of how terrible all the browsers are, my phone browser works better than this atrocities and I've tried them all.

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
How is Internet Explorer 10? any reviews out there? I'm just tired of how terrible all the browsers are, my phone browser works better than this atrocities and I've tried them all.

for metro or desktop? Cause I've heard great things about the metro version. Haven't seen anybody review the desktop version yet.

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
To be honest I don't really care about Metro or not, I just want things to work. I know it looks great, because I tried on of those Windows 8 computers at Compu USA the other day.

jjmurphy

Aug 9, 2011
Visit site
IE10 is pretty impressive. My biggest problem is that lastpass.dll has issues on a regular basis. I put that on lastpass to fix though.

voosham

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
Any problem loading pages?

What about ad blocking and pop up blockings? Does Internet explorer even have extensions?

Web pages load well and quickly too.
As for extensions i don't know if there are many (or any) for the metro version anyways.
Without the ability for userscripts it's gonna have to remain un-used for me.

Shark87

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
I got a new laptop about a month ago, but I'm still unsure about upgrading it to Windows 8. I had tried out the consumer preview on my netbook, but that was a bit of a flop. I learned how to navigate the UI a bit, but since the resolution on my netbook was low (its a 2008 netbook :S) I couldn't run any Metro apps. I just have mixed feelings about W8 on non-touchscreen devices.

Shark87

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
Yeah. My netbook has a resolution of 1024 x 768, which is why it didn't run Metro apps. The charging port broke, which is why I got a new laptop.

tissotti

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site

You have of course tried chrome? Didn't like it?
Chrome works lightning fast on my brand spanking new self put together PC, granted for the price i would expect that.
On PC you need to also remember that we are talking about browsers that support so much more than what you have on iPad.

I have been thinking to upgrade to W8 on my desktop (tablets are a another thing), but it doesn't at this point really bring me anything else than some driver problems with my Asus Essence ST sound card. Have nothing bad to say about Windows 7.

badMojo69

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
IE10 has become my primary browser over both Chrome and Firefox. Its scary how good it is.
Agreed IE10 is very good once you get use to it. I never use the desktop version unless I need Flash. Having used an Ipad for so long I'm use to not needing flash anymore. Overall W8 rocks! I installed it on my wife's pc and she picked it up right away after I gave her the basics.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett