Need help windows 8!

Simon Tupper

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
okay I spent most of the night on this and there is no way I could make it work, not there is a microsoft employee controling my PC and he don't have a single clue since everything looks fine

Simon Tupper

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
Soooo the rep from microsoft says that my file might be corrupted since everything is fine and all the other costumers who had this issue got their problem fixed except me. (I always have that kind of luck when I try a new product) hahaha oh well I'll keep you updated.

Nataku4ca

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
Soooo the rep from microsoft says that my file might be corrupted since everything is fine and all the other costumers who had this issue got their problem fixed except me. (I always have that kind of luck when I try a new product) hahaha oh well I'll keep you updated.

ouch, i hope u can get it going eventually, im in BC otherwise id drop by to help u :p

fraincs

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
I would suggest booting with a Linux on a USB key then backup your files and do a clean install (format everything). Did you burned a dvd widh win 8 before trying to install it first?

X0LARIUM

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
I feel ya mate. What you could simply do is make a bootable DVD. Clean the partition/drive u want it to be installed on and then install it.

Sent from my RaZr HD.

Simon Tupper

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
@Simon Tupper: First thing's first, are you still able to boot into your Windows 7 installation? I can't tell based on the posts.
Yes I managed to get it back... I spent the night with a guy from microsoft he went through all possible options and he we callback at 11pm(eastern) today (october27)... I spent 12-15 hours with microsoft employees on the phone and chatting in the last 30 hours... This is way too complicated... tomorrow we try to do a clean install on a formatted computer for the second time (had to reinstall W7)... we also went through all the components of my PC to make sure that it was not related to the hardware... everything is fine. I'm just unlucky hahahaha

blehblehbleh

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Yes I managed to get it back... I spent the night with a guy from microsoft he went through all possible options and he we callback at 11pm(eastern) today (october27)... I spent 12-15 hours with microsoft employees on the phone and chatting in the last 30 hours... This is way too complicated... tomorrow we try to do a clean install on a formatted computer for the second time (had to reinstall W7)... we also went through all the components of my PC to make sure that it was not related to the hardware... everything is fine. I'm just unlucky hahahaha

Oh. So you already formatted your computer? I was gonna tell you to backup all your data if you haven't already, and then download easybcd to set the master boot record to point to the windows 8 installation...

anon(5335899)

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
If you feel comfortable with Linus I'd suggest you get partedmagic on a USB stick and clear any partitions you can lose. Make sure you copy your personalinformation to a safe place including registration info/keyfiles. SkyDrive would be a perfect spot for those. It will be easy to clear all partitions from your OS X drive and it should be available as unallocated space after a reboot. Make sure it is the first drive in your system and install W8 to it.

Simon Tupper

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
I have been transferred to the 2nd level of their help centre, there an employee played inside my PC and changed a few codes. we formatted my PC, then reinstalled windows 7 to install W8, but it was unsuccessful, the guy from Microsoft was clueless. I bought a physical copy today and a 36Gb USB Flash Drive and I wait for Microsoft's call.

The guy from Microsoft said: "It's been a while since someone had such a big issue that I couldn't fix it within 5 hours" And really he knew what he was doing...

I CAN'T WAIT TO HAVE W8! I was really close to buy a new PC just to get it! But I need to eat too so...

anon(5335899)

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
I'd use the tools in my previous post an just copy everything from C:\ into a folder in E:\BACKUP_C\ (or something similar), use the partitioning tool to remove the C: and reserved partition and leave the D: and E: partition as they are. Then reboot, go into BIOS and reset to defaults, then clean install from DVD or USB.

You should see one block of unallocated space before the D: partition, just select that and install there. Once done rebuild your system from the copied image. Don't just move stuff back, but re-download and re-install where you can.

Forget about antivirus. firewalls or other junk, this is all built in now.

welsbloke

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
I think at this stage you are doing the right thing using the MS support. I have always found them to be a dog with a bone with problems. As you are in the free support stage they should be able to resolve the issue eventually. This does seem dumb luck as I have done a few W8 upgrades and clean installs now and have had not so much as a hiccup. The only issues being unrecognised devices such as GPS chip or a Mobile radio.

Good luck, I would be interested in the outcome :)

Microsoftjunkie

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
I have been transferred to the 2nd level of their help centre, there an employee played inside my PC and changed a few codes. we formatted my PC, then reinstalled windows 7 to install W8, but it was unsuccessful, the guy from Microsoft was clueless. I bought a physical copy today and a 36Gb USB Flash Drive and I wait for Microsoft's call.

The guy from Microsoft said: "It's been a while since someone had such a big issue that I couldn't fix it within 5 hours" And really he knew what he was doing...

I CAN'T WAIT TO HAVE W8! I was really close to buy a new PC just to get it! But I need to eat too so...
I would suggest to you to go to AMD website and download AMD catalyst control center
"12.9". After that go back to your manufacturers website and search for your driver support page. Once there, look at the bios driver and see if there is a new bios thats compatible with "Windows 8". Also look at ALL of the drivers and see if there are updates for them. I have a laptop with amd hardware and my computer act weird with windows 8. Those are your best options right now.

p.s. Most manufacturers websites have specific sections for windows 8 drivers, so what i mean is when you are looking for drivers make sure you are inside drivers for windows 8

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)