Clean install possible with the "backup DVD"...

VagrantWade

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
that I will recieve shortly in the mail? Stuck with the 32-bit version of 8 that I "accidentally" installed.

Yes. It says on the order page FAQ that you have to use the disc to install from 32 bit to 64 bit.

But like I said in the other thread. If you just install any 64 bit OS, even Windows 8 Release Preview, and then run the upgrade assistant on IT. It will download the 64 bit version.

addman

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
Yes. It says on the order page FAQ that you have to use the disc to install from 32 bit to 64 bit.

But like I said in the other thread. If you just install any 64 bit OS, even Windows 8 Release Preview, and then run the upgrade assistant on IT. It will download the 64 bit version.

Ok, so I didn't have to install with the upgrade assistant on my actual 32-bit Windows XP which I had the license for? Jebus! where did I miss that information?! So next week, when I get my backup DVD, which will be the easiest way to get my Win8 installation up to 64-bit heaven? Can I just boot from the backup DVD and make a fresh clean install or do I have to re-install XP again and do that whole thing again, sigh Microsoft, just sigh.:(

P.S Could you please direct me to that order faq page, I've must've missed it.:rolleyes:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos