Xbox Music Problems

SoundsLikeLife

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Ok, so I just upgraded my Windows 7 PC to Windows 8. I have a Xbox Music pass, and I was checking out the Xbox Music app. I tried to download an album, and it wouldn't work. I've tried album after album, and I can't download anything. I get an error every time. I can stream music no problem though.

Does anyone have any ideas or has anyone experienced this? I tried rebooting of course, and I uninstalled/reinstalled Xbox Music.

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Nope you can only have 4 devices. Maybe its only 2 computers, but you'll have to delete one of them. I had to delete my laptop cause I figured this would be mostly replacing it.

When your in the music app, pull over the charm bar and go to settings, account, manage music devices.

SoundsLikeLife

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Nope you can only have 4 devices. Maybe its only 2 computers, but you'll have to delete one of them. I had to delete my laptop cause I figured this would be mostly replacing it.

When your in the music app, pull over the charm bar and go to settings, account, manage music devices.
I only have 4 devices listed. I removed an old Zune too, so now only 3 are listed. I opened up Zune, and I can still download music on that no problem.

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
ohhhh lol sorry I thought you meant a different pc!

ehh not too sure what your problem could be, sounds like an issue I used to always have with zune on win7 though

SoundsLikeLife

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
No problem! I should have been more clear.

I hope it fixes itself. It's really annoying. I contacted Zune Support on Twitter to see if they could help me. Otherwise, I'll probably try the live chat, but there was an hour and a half wait time last night.

friedmad

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I found this solution and it fixed this problem for me!

It may be due to your audio drivers not supporting the protected audio stream. If you?re like me and upgraded to Windows 8, you might find that there aren?t any newer sound card drivers available. Luckily, there?s an easy solution, assuming you?re comfortable with editing the registry:

Open regedit and navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Audio.
Change the DisableProtectedAudioDG value from 1 to 0 and reboot.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayven