Music App...Y U NO LOOK LIKE this...

X0LARIUM

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Ok friends,

I am in a bit of a problem again. I have a very cool Windows 8 desktop PC and I am very happy.

But there is one small issue. No a big one actually. WHY DOES MY MUSIC APP look like this?

MUSIC.jpg

The on the right is mine and the one on the left is how it is supposed to be right??

I downloaded the Music App from the Store.

I am on:
x64 Windows 8 Enterprise N Edition.

kregstrong

May 24, 2011
Visit site
I think in ur settings of the music app, preferences, u have it defaulting to library view, try to swipe over to charms, settings, prefs, and change it

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

X0LARIUM

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Hmm..what version of Windows is that..out of the plethora of them...

Mine is x64, Enterprise N edition...

Sent from my RaZr HD.

Knight018

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
My music app looks just like the Xbox one. I am using Windows 8 Pro. I didn't have to download a Music app though. Maybe it's because you're using Enterprise edition? In the attachments I added you can see that I get your default screen when I click on my music, but I can go back through the back arrow right next to the title.

X0LARIUM

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
My music app looks just like the Xbox one. I am using Windows 8 Pro. I didn't have to download a Music app though. Maybe it's because you're using Enterprise edition? In the attachments I added you can see that I get your default screen when I click on my music, but I can go back through the back arrow right next to the title.

Thanks for the screenies mate...I too think Enterprise N is the culprit...

Could u all do me a favour and check the version available...?

I will share mine too:

MUSE_2.png

Sent from my RaZr HD.

Last edited:

power5

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
I have nothing in my music. I am still trying to figure out how to add my network server music storage to my music. Keeps telling me its lonely. I have my music server folder added to the music library so not sure why its not showing up. I did click on Adele in the feature tile and it allowed me to add to my music because I have that album on my server. I tried a different artist I did not have and that option was not available. So I am confused. I surely don't want to have to manually click through every artist somehow to add to my music.

X0LARIUM

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
I have nothing in my music. I am still trying to figure out how to add my network server music storage to my music. Keeps telling me its lonely. I have my music server folder added to the music library so not sure why its not showing up. I did click on Adele in the feature tile and it allowed me to add to my music because I have that album on my server. I tried a different artist I did not have and that option was not available. So I am confused. I surely don't want to have to manually click through every artist somehow to add to my music.

Right click Music under Libraries.
w
Properties>Add (add your folder here)

Just make sure while you do this, you don't have your Music App open.

Once you are done adding it, start the Music App. All your music, in one place. Enjoy.

X0LARIUM

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
You have the 'N' edition. That's the EU mandated non media version. That's why you had to download the app from the store and wasn't included in the OS. Thus no Xbox Music. Also, your country may not currently be supported by the Xbox Music store.

Oh...ok, thanks. But strangely, the Music App when I got it from the store, in the screenshot has 'XBOX Music'...

Anyways, thanks.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon