Using a touchpad on Windows 8

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Finally pulled the trigger and did a fresh install of Windows 8. Also picked up a Logitech Touchpad T650. I still have my wireless mouse close just in case I can't get used to the touchpad, however, I'm pretty impressed with it so far. It comes with full Windows 8 gesture support and there's a lot of them. Scrolling and switching between apps/desktop couldn't be easier. It's very response and the glass surface is nice to touch. My only gripes is that I wish the area for the right click was a bit expanded and that it doesn't allow me to rest my palm on top like a mouse.

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Finally pulled the trigger and did a fresh install of Windows 8. Also picked up a Logitech Touchpad T650. I still have my wireless mouse close just in case I can't get used to the touchpad, however, I'm pretty impressed with it so far. It comes with full Windows 8 gesture support and there's a lot of them. Scrolling and switching between apps/desktop couldn't be easier. It's very response and the glass surface is nice to touch. My only gripes is that I wish the area for the right click was a bit expanded and that it doesn't allow me to rest my palm on top like a mouse.
Is there anywhere to get it cheaper than 80? Seems like a lot...

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
80 is a bit pricey. So far that's the cheapest I've seen it. I'm pretty sure prices will come down once there's more competition, but right now the T650 is the only Windows 8 equipped touchpad on the block.

I was also able to set right-click to two button presses anywhere on the pad thus solving my problem above.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thehinac