Windows 8 on Lenovo--Wait

wpguy

Aug 16, 2012
Visit site
If you have a Lenovo computer, specifically a laptop, you might want to hold off on updating to Windows 8.

A coworker of mine found a whole host of problems running Windows 8 on his few-month-old Lenovo laptop. He tried his usual bag of tricks, but in the end he finally broke down and called Lenovo support.

The Lenovo support rep admited they have been inundated with calls, and that, yes, their hardware drivers are not working.

This is disappointing, because Lenovo ordinarily makes a top-notch product.

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
If you have a Lenovo computer, specifically a laptop, you might want to hold off on updating to Windows 8.

A coworker of mine found a whole host of problems running Windows 8 on his few-month-old Lenovo laptop. He tried his usual bag of tricks, but in the end he finally broke down and called Lenovo support.

The Lenovo support rep admited they have been inundated with calls, and that, yes, their hardware drivers are not working.

This is disappointing, because Lenovo ordinarily makes a top-notch product.
I have y560p and haven't had any issues with upgrading and continuing to use my computer. That said, my dad's 3or 4 year old had a major issue while upgrading. He called MS and that got it fixed. Now everything works well. Might want to find out what specific drivers and hardware are having issues.

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Why do people not do clean installs. Do they want their system to run slow?

Almost every time I see you say something in this forum, its negative or condescending. It almost never helps the original part of the thread.

PS You don't have to do a clean install to have a fast computer or to keep your computer from slowing. Thanks for the useless post though.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes