Windows 7 is bows and arrows and Windows 8 is like the first guns.

Simon Tupper

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
When guns were introduced to the public at first, people preferred their bows and arrows.

Even if the gun was a good idea, some innovations take time to be accepted. Guns were not precise and they were complicated to recharge.

It's the same thing with Windows 8. It's flawed. There is a lot of good ideas that are poorly integrated. There is a lot of functionalities that are not adapted to normal PCs. There is a lot of little mistakes that makes people say "Well I was better off with Windows 7 even if it's aging".

Show me someone who never failed and I will show you someone who never tried.

Innovation is full of failures.

People see it as a mess when in fact Windows 8 will be the most "touch screen ready" OS in the near future.

I own a HP Envy 4 SmartTouch. It's cool to use with the touch screen, but I still see all the flaws in the OS. The Xbox Music app that is not intuitive, the metro and desktop are not a great combination it's simply a mess that makes you jump from one to the other every 2 minutes, the purchasing movies is US only and I don't want to spend this whole thread about what is not good...

Windows 8 is fresh, it's fun, it's awesome and it's also a mess, but all of this is an attempt to innovate. This is the beginning that will lead to the final product which will have been reworked over and over and which will have the tech to support it. The worst thing that Microsoft could do is to trash Windows 8 simply because people think it's flawed and unintuitive at times. When you change things that much, you must give your 110% in making it even better.

If Microsoft decides to trash that idea: they are dead. If they make it better: they win.

Last edited:

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I really believe that Microsoft understands that perfecting an OS to use touch is very important.

I do not see Microsoft abandoning that approach. It will continue to improve the OS, just as it kept working on Xbox until Xbox became a huge success.

cedarlog

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
im using it as my one and only os i actually love it they just need to make it perfect
they will not abandoning it its their future

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12