Mercury, a GTalk app for Windows 8

Jake_M

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
Mercury, a GTalk app for Windows 8
My name is Jake Morrison(if you haven't seen me around the forums) and I co-develop applications with my friend Taylor Kimmett. Our main website is: http://jmtk.co
If you weren't totally satisfied with the GTalk apps, here's the one we're making :).

If you guys have used the "Gchat" app by lhchavez in the WP store, it uses the same backend(though we have modified it a bit to make it better ;D)

Hope you guys like.

Last edited:

Jake_M

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
will this app work in background ???
Yep! Sends push notifications to you when the app is in the background.

Also we made it so when you sign into Windows, you don't even have to start the app for it to begin receiving notifications, like Skype and other IM clients.

Jake_M

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
In what marketplace can I find this app? Since I can't find it.. I think its not in the dutch one?
We originally only released it in countries where English was the official language, as we do not have any translation support. Do you think it would be worthwhile to release this in non-English markets?

SixthOfMay

Apr 11, 2013
Visit site
We originally only released it in countries where English was the official language, as we do not have any translation support. Do you think it would be worthwhile to release this in non-English markets?

Of course it would. Gmail, and therefore its chat services, are used everywhere in the world, not only where English is the official language.
You could, and should, release your app everywhere, English is the language of the Internet and technologies after all.

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
Just purchased this app, anxious to put it thru it's paces. I've been using IM+, which so far has been very reliable, but a bit busy in design.

Will you be adding contact group support in the future?

Jake_M

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
Of course it would. Gmail, and therefore its chat services, are used everywhere in the world, not only where English is the official language.
You could, and should, release your app everywhere, English is the language of the Internet and technologies after all.

We're in mostly all countries. The way I phrased it to Taylor was "just check all the ones that don't want to bomb us" :p

Just purchased this app, anxious to put it thru it's paces. I've been using IM+, which so far has been very reliable, but a bit busy in design.

Will you be adding contact group support in the future?
We primarily have focused on implementing native Google Talk functionality, so things like this would be lower priority. We go by XMPP standards: XMPP Extensions – The XMPP Standards Foundation

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa