Microsoft, are you serious about your app store?

petersun21

Dec 4, 2011
Visit site
I opened Microsoft Store on my windows 8 desktop. There is Bank of America App. I then searched for "Bank of America" in the store. It returned nothing. It has been going on since yesterday. It happened before. Updates seemed fixed. It is happening again. Is Microsoft serious about competing?

contributorM

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Is this thread serious? Am I understanding you right? A service that doesn't have an app that you want in it's store isn't competing? Or a app store that returns nil results of your query isn't competing? Either way, both scenario's makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

Regardless. As a test I was able to search for the Bank of America app in the store and got results. Furthermore, the app showed up as soon as I opened the store but decided to try it anyway.

Untitled.png

petersun21

Dec 4, 2011
Visit site
Just like you, I created a picture that boa app is promoted by ms store. I did not bother to load it here. I searched, it returned nothing. When I searched 'bank of', it returned nothing. How is that competing? It is more problematic that it returned result for you, not for me.

crystal_planet

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
I opened Microsoft Store on my windows 8 desktop. There is Bank of America App. I then searched for "Bank of America" in the store. It returned nothing. It has been going on since yesterday. It happened before. Updates seemed fixed. It is happening again. Is Microsoft serious about competing?
No Microsoft is not serious. I have it on good authority that this ecosystem is just a fun little hobby for them. They're going to cancel the whole thing in May and concentrate on the knitting industry.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I'm not keeping the Bank of America app, since I don't have an account with them. However, I was able to successfully install the app.

boa.png

petersun21

Dec 4, 2011
Visit site
The funny thing is that When I do the search, it shows below the search box. When "entered", nothing shows. I have a desktop, a laptop, and a surface rt. It is the same on all of them. Only thing I can think of is that I did not have a payment method.
Yesterday I was showing my surface rt to my co-worker. She asked about multitasking. I opened a few apps. After that the lagging became so apparent. I was a bit embarassed. Why Microsoft is losing the performance benchmark to others? MS is a software company. MS is using automatically generated code too much.

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
mine doesn't lag and I usually have about 5-6 apps open. If I have a CPU sucking game open in the background then yes, but I never do that because I know better.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett