HELP! Deleted Store for Windows 8!

devynnishelle

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
I accidently uninstalled Store for Windows 8 without knowing what it is, and now I can't update any of my apps!

How can I reinstall this?

(No, I didn't unpin it)

11B1P

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Want to confirm, Windows 8, not Windows Phone 8. What type of hardware are we looking at? I don't know that it matters, I'm just curious what we're dealing with.

Simon Tupper

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
You can't... go on the start screen and type "store", it should be there because you are not supposed to be able to delete it... so it can hardly be an accident..

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Yup... It's still there - you can't uninstall it. You just unpinned it. Go to start screen, type store, tap/hold, and pin to start screen.

pardalasmatico

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site
Go to C:\Windows\WinStore

In my computer I have 16 items: 5 Folders and 11 files. I believe you need the WinStore.htm WinStoreUi.dll and WindStoreUi.WinMD

I don't know how to recover it.

Check your Recycle Bin

lebatsnok

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
How did you manage to do it? I would very much like to delete "app store" as it is waste of space. For example, today I wanted to open an epub file on my laptop, and it offered me to "search the app store". Ok, I let it do it, and the result was "we can't find any apps". Bull****! How can I take seriously an "app store" that can't find me an epub reader??? This is completely ridiculous.

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
How did you manage to do it? I would very much like to delete "app store" as it is waste of space. For example, today I wanted to open an epub file on my laptop, and it offered me to "search the app store". Ok, I let it do it, and the result was "we can't find any apps". Bull****! How can I take seriously an "app store" that can't find me an epub reader??? This is completely ridiculous.

I'm sorry. What?

Screenshot (1).png

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
That's funny I found this thread because I am going equally nuts trying to figure out how to delete the Windows store for my computer. Please if you know do tell how you got rid of it?

barkingpipes

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site
you can delete it after you take ownership of the file and its subs. right click on the shortcut to find out where it lives. go there and right click on the executive file. pick properties then security. click advanced and take ownership of the file and all of the contents of the folders. then delete it. you should study how to use these things before doing it. its not a recipe, its knowing about your operating system. don't be shy about button pushing, but be prudent.

cashmcnew

Aug 24, 2015
Visit site
Yeah i ran a fix it on the registry ,,, it took out all applications including Store,,, an i dont want to start from scratch... you can goto ( Settings) click the window icon at bottom left... ( then restore at bottom left... but if ya do this it will delete all programs except microsoft programs,,,, i prefer not to.. so im still looking

cashmcnew

Aug 24, 2015
Visit site
i did what i wanted to ,,, but now im not sure that one day i wont need store,,, deleting tthe applications,,, speeded this old laptop up a lot... but then i tried the , registry,, put them back,,, it ran fine ,,, in shell... but it didnt work,,,

cashmcnew

Aug 24, 2015
Visit site
There is no short cut to the apps i removed,,,, i did a complete scan of the drive,,, store aparently want deleted it was scrubed,,, i probably was right deleting it.. an xbox.... an its no problem,,, only problem is,,, im annoyed the shell program dont put them back from the web,,, I seen one that did now i cant find it LOL.... im a very old Ham opp/// an this is what i do is play with computers.....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6