WP Sync cannot be installed

ImAdrian23

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
My WP Sync client didn't work at all so I removed it and re-downloaded. Now I am trying to install it and I cannot press the "Install" button.

Any ideas how to fix this? I'm so mad at Microsoft right now.
9sDkv.png

EDIT: I re-installed it but the error keeps appearing :/

View attachment 25765
Any ideas on how to fix it...?

Last edited:

sidewinder11

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Sometimes traces of the program remain when you uninstall. download and run revo uninstaller to remove all traces of the program, including registry entries, and try to install again. Worked for me, but be careful as it will alter the registry.

ImAdrian23

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Sometimes traces of the program remain when you uninstall. download and run revo uninstaller to remove all traces of the program, including registry entries, and try to install again. Worked for me, but be careful as it will alter the registry.
You were right. Thank God I had Revo installed ^^
Thanks!

EDIT:
Managed to install it but this error still pops-up... Omg I'll never sync my music to my 8X.
X5HgW.png
Any ideas on how to fix it...?

sidewinder11

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Not seen that error before, try this-
Uninstall with revo and remove all traces of the program
Download and run ccleaner (the registry fixer part)
Reboot and try installing again

If it still won't run try running it as an administrator.

ImAdrian23

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Not seen that error before, try this-
Uninstall with revo and remove all traces of the program
Download and run ccleaner (the registry fixer part)
Reboot and try installing again

If it still won't run try running it as an administrator.

My Revo is no longer working... It keeps asking me for a genuine serial key although I had entered one 1 year ago.
Downloading CCleaner as we're speaking.

sidewinder11

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Tbh I ditched the app and just use wmp to sync my music and playlists. Works a lot better as long as you don't have a music pass, but still far from perfect. Hopefully MS are busy working on a proper solution to the multitude of issues people are having.

ImAdrian23

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Tbh I ditched the app and just use wmp to sync my music and playlists. Works a lot better as long as you don't have a music pass, but still far from perfect. Hopefully MS are busy working on a proper solution to the multitude of issues people are having.

Do you have any idea on how to turn Zune's playlists into WMP's? I don't want to re-add all of my songs :/ Thank you for everything. I hope Microsoft does the same.
One last question. Do I need a Music Pass (or pay) to actually use XBOX Music? Isn't it just like Zune? Listen to music but if you want to get more music you pay? If so how do I download it because it asks me sign up for a pass...

sidewinder11

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I think you just need to change the extension of the playlist files and move them across to wmp's playlist folder. Zune playlist files are .zpl and wmp playlists are .wpl. There are a few guides if you search. Not sure about Xbox music as I don't use it, but I think you can only stream for free on Xbox and PC.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leviwilkersion