Autocorrect is driving me crazy (doesn't turn off)

zacman

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
Hi,

I'm using Win8 with German language settings. In the settings I disabled autocorrect. Unfortunately in pretty much all Metro apps (IE, Messages, ...) autocorrect is still active which is very annoying when writing in English as tons of words get corrected to German automatically then...

On some other forums more people have the exact same problem. Only solution I found so far for that problem is to kill the spellchecking task... Microsoft seroiusly??

Any help?

Thanks!

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
The only thing I've found is the following: go to the Charm bar -> Settings -> Change PC settings -> General ->Spelling, and change the “autocorrect misspelled words” option to off.

Florin Anghel

Banned
Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
I have the same problems, it's a stupid bug of windows. If you write in your own language and have EN selected it keeps f*cking up words, correcting them in EN, and it does the same with revers like zacman says, if you select you native language as the one for OS and type in English then it auto corrects the english words in your native language/
It's like windows 8 doesn't let you write in 10 languages in the same conversation without changing languages on settings.

Coolknight1968

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
I have the same problems, it's a stupid bug of windows. If you write in your own language and have EN selected it keeps f*cking up words, correcting them in EN, and it does the same with revers like zacman says, if you select you native language as the one for OS and type in English then it auto corrects the english words in your native language/
It's like windows 8 doesn't let you write in 10 languages in the same conversation without changing languages on settings.

Crazy... But it is true. That is way I installed Firefox on my Windows 8 Pro Tablet.

kcred

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
from your windows 8 phone, go to settings>keyboard>(select the language you add, e.g English) then uncheck the "suggest text".

Hope this helps

kcred

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
from your windows 8 phone, go to settings>keyboard>(select the language you add, e.g English) then uncheck the "suggest text".

Hope this helps

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon