Windows 8 Start Menu comparison with Windows 7

anilraj

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Just now read a crappy article: Do you hate Microsoft? | Marketplace Blog - CNET Reviews

He compares Win8 start menu to a car with displaced driving wheel (or something like that... I was not reading).

Here is my take.
Win7 start menu is like how my bathroom counter top looked like when I was single.
Toothbrush, toothpaste, towel, vitamins, hair cream, etc... all on the counter top.

Win8 is like how my bathroom counter top looks after I got married.
Nothing there.
Everything is in the cabinet, draws, etc.
Well arranged and looks beautiful.

And I love the new look.
For those, who want the single-messy look, go back to Win7.

CHIP72

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
CNET in my opinion it's just another "iSite", spreading the word that Apple is the greatest thing since sliced bread.

I think CNet's headline the other day touting Apple's profits for Q4 2012 when all other sites were touting that Apple failed to meet Wall Street projections was confirmation of that opinion.

CHIP72

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
Frankly, I increasingly LOVE the fact that in Windows 8 Metro/tile mode, I can start typing and search for anything related to the computer, not just files or settings on the computer, but items in the Microsoft Store too. That is a great, great feature.

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I love the fact I can give my surface to my 3 year old and she can do what she likes - shes got her own account log in with picture password and all her apps on there that she wants - She paints, draws, does puzzles, reads stories and plays cut the rope. Dont ever have to intervene and she worked out the swipe gestures in an afternoon. Could she do that with windows 7 - No. Did i feel safe letting her loose on a desktop - No.
If my 3 year old daughter can find her way round a computer system then good riddance to the start menu. If it makes it a Fisher Price UI, so f'in what. Fisher Price rules, every child uses their toys for the simplicity. I want a simple UI with enough power behind the scenes to do what i want if i need to get down and dirty. Quake 2 on a surface RT rocks and i dont need to use a start menu to get it to work.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes