Windows 8 Pro - "Download did not complete successfully"

MDak280

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Connecting to another network didn't work.

But if you meant try using a different laptop... that might work. I can try downloading the set up program on my dad's laptop and burning the ISO to a disk. I'll try that.

MDak280

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
I have no idea if it was a different ISP. I looked at some of the Microsoft topics, most of them said to contact Microsoft which I might do. I have 30 days to get a refund so the worst that could happen is that the download doesn't work but I get my money back.

MDak280

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
No, I haven't contacted Microsoft yet. I want to try this on my dad's laptop before I contact Microsoft, I just haven't had the chance to do so because I've been busy. If it doesn't work on my dad's laptop then I'm thinking there's a problem with the product code and then I'll contact Microsoft.

I was also thinking it might be a problem with my drivers. I might have to update them but I don't know which ones need to be updated.

MDak280

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
I ran the automatic check from Intel, and it gave me an upgrade for the WiFi driver and Wireless Display software. Ran the set up and I got the same error, so I guess it isn't the drivers. I'll get back once I have the chance to try this on my dad's laptop.

So, if it does work on my dad's laptop, I can burn the ISO to a blank CD and it should be able to install on my laptop, right?

MDak280

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Yes you can, however your Dad's laptop must be running the right architecture. If you run the setup to create the disk on 64bit, you'll get the 64bit edition, and if you do on 32bit, you'll get 32bit edition. You may be better using your laptop, on your Dad's network.

My laptop is 64bit and I'm pretty sure my dad's laptop is as well. But I'll check to be sure. If it isn't 64bit though, then what do you by use my dad's network? I think I'm misunderstanding the term network. Our laptops are both running on the same WiFi network.

MDak280

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I have a feeling it's a problem with my laptop, but I'm not sure why... If it is an ISP problem then that sucks, but I could try taking my laptop to a friend's house and see if it'll work there. Thanks for all of your help, I'll keep you updated!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3