Best Windows 8 Apps

Kavu2

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
Flipboard
Breathtaking implementation of the metro style. One of the best looking apps in the Store and the UI is awesome.

tatotiburon

Apr 18, 2013
Visit site
Tweetium best twitter App EVER!! seriously i was so frustrared with the oficial twitter App and then wpcentral told me to give a try to tweetium and OMG finally what i was looking for

Kavu2

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
Nokia released HERE Maps to the Windows 8 Apps Store just recently. For the W8 tablet crowd, this is a great resource to have at hand.

AndyCalling

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
Nokia released HERE Maps to the Windows 8 Apps Store just recently. For the W8 tablet crowd, this is a great resource to have at hand.

Street view is shocking though. Only a few cities are covered. Works well, but coverage is so light it is more of a demo than a useful feature. Also, the public transport only includes train tracks. Bus routes are limited only to London? Here maps is great as a basic set of maps, but though it claims many features they are often just demos of what might come along later.

jpbittencourt

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
video: Pandora Video Box for watch movie and see movie/tv info, netflix for streaming ans TrackSeries to track my tv shows. =D
audio: Xbox Music

weaverly

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
Yes, agree. Tweetium is ridiculously good. Also OneNote app from Microsoft is amazing, if you all haven't figured it out.

Hyper for YouTube is a great YouTube app with offline capabilities
ArcSoft ShowBiz is a good video editor

Tony Gaul

Aug 10, 2014
Visit site
Hi, there is a site which has Windows 8 Apps on sale. It links directly to the Windows Store. Shows US & Indian apps!
winappsonsale.com/en-us/wapps/bestrated

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
This thread is for members to mention apps, not for developers to promote apps. Developers must use the App Spotlight forum. Further violations by developers will result in infractions or bans.

Sent from my Moto X using Tapatalk

naddy6969

Aug 8, 2017
Visit site
This was an interesting trip down memory lane. Hard to believe this was started 7 years ago. Seems like ancient history now.

Sep 19, 2015
Visit site
This was an interesting trip down memory lane. Hard to believe this was started 7 years ago. Seems like ancient history now.

I was so hyped on Windows 8.1; my ATIV S(E) phone got upgraded to 8.1; I bought the brand new Surface RT and it worked so well for touch; I had 8.1 on my YOGA 2 Pro...all synced with each other...so promising...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro