Microsoft Complete vs Assure

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
Hello. I was wondering if there is a difference between the Microsoft complete warranty versus the assure warranty? And before you cut me off and say complete is only for surface, it isn't. Go to the Microsoft store website and look for an all in one, and you will see it has a complete insurance for desktops option.

Also, if you bought a computer under the assure warranty, will it be the exact same thing as the complete? Because AppleCare and AppleCare+ are different, and if you bought a computer or something on AppleCare, it wouldn't transfer to AppleCare+.

MicrosoftNorthstar

May 17, 2011
Visit site
Microsoft Assure ($149) includes:
- 1 year personal training at Microsoft Retail Store
- Unlimited Answer Desk services for a year, including virus/spyware removal, data transfer, OneDrive setup, hardware/software install/repair (does not include cost of parts), in-store data recovery, warranty concierge, etc.
- Priority service at the store once computer is checked in (i.e. your computer gets repaired before anyone else's)
- Over the phone support from U.S.-based call centers (i.e. no talking to heavily accented Indians)
- Covers all computers in the household

Microsoft Complete for PCs ($199), Surface 2 ($99), Surface Pro ($149) and tablets ($99) include:
- Everything under Assure for a period of 2 years
- Accidental Damage warranty for 2 years
- Available only for 3rd party manufacturer computers (i.e. Dell, Lenovo, Asus) purchased at the Microsoft Retail Store, and for Surface devices purchased at both the Microsoft Retail Store and from a 3rd party store (i.e. Staples, Best Buy)
- Covers only the device purchased

In summary:
Personal Training + Unlimited Tech Support x 1 year = Assure
Assure + Accidental Damage Warranty x 2 years = Complete

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos