I love the Bing backgrounds

1101x10

May 27, 2012
Visit site
I'm using Bing more than Google now because of these. Today's is a video of waves breaking on a beach:love: It would be great if the phone had an animated lockscreen too.

ryan.kruger

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
I use it on my phone, and I have a windows 8 tablet, I just don't know where to find the option to enable Bing backgrounds. Will have to check when I get home.

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I use it on my phone, and I have a windows 8 tablet, I just don't know where to find the option to enable Bing backgrounds. Will have to check when I get home.

I think he posted this in the wrong forum. I'm pretty sure he is talking about windows phone 8.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I use the Bing Wallpaper Viewer app to save the Bing backgrounds to my pictures. It's in the Windows 8 store.

bingwallpaperviewer.png

That reminds me, I need to update my review. It had been crashing, so I gave it one star. They since fixed it, so I'll revise my review.

Mystictrust

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for this. When I first switched to Windows 8, Bing Desktop would not install (despite having worked on Windows 7 just fine). I assumed that MS was abandoning the desktop so I found the "Bing Dynamic" theme for backgrounds which was nice - it kept a steady stream of fresh backgrounds in rotation - but it never seemed to cycle through CURRENT Bing images. Looks like they finally made the installer compatible with Windows 8 :)

Dadstar0410

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for this. When I first switched to Windows 8, Bing Desktop would not install (despite having worked on Windows 7 just fine). I assumed that MS was abandoning the desktop so I found the "Bing Dynamic" theme for backgrounds which was nice - it kept a steady stream of fresh backgrounds in rotation - but it never seemed to cycle through CURRENT Bing images. Looks like they finally made the installer compatible with Windows 8 :)

I use Bing my Lockscreen, which cycles through Bing images without downloading them if you are stingy with storage like I am on my Surface.

pedenske

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
I use the bing desktop app on my desktop and have the picture sync with my surface. nothing to install on my surface and still get the pics.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs