Wiping hard drive time

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
Alright, so I am returning my computer, and I'm getting rid of my stuff. When there were two options, one was refresh and one was restore to factory settings, I clicked factory settings (this is the Metro Settings, General, Scroll down). Then it gave me two options, one to erase all my files and one to wipe the hard drive. I clicked wipe the hard drive (I'm not sure if it said exactly that, but it did say it will take a long time). It is still in this process. How long will it take? It is a 1TB hard drive, intel quad core i7, and an all in one. If it takes REALLY long (like days), I'm going to unplug it. Please respond ASAP!

anon(5698912)

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
Haha I actually just did this a couple weeks ago with my 4-5 year old dell xps and reinstalled windows 8 professional on it again and its runs so much better on it....its practically new now. But back to your question, took mine 4 hours or so.

anon(5698912)

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
I would imagine it really depends on how much stuff you have on the hard drive more than anything else...i had a lot of stuff (plus its 4-5 years old) which is why I think it took a long time.

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
Haha I actually just did this a couple weeks ago with my 4-5 year old dell xps and reinstalled windows 8 professional on it again and its runs so much better on it....its practically new now. But back to your question, took mine 4 hours or so.

Alright. Since mine is newer, it should be done soon, hopefully. Thanks! (My computer is in my room and I want to sleep, but can't because the display is on. :(

ImageUploadedByWPCentral Fo1361773067.148462.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans