Two users on a PC, two Xbox profiles. Share apps?

mkslive

Oct 25, 2010
Visit site
Hello.

If I buy a game on my Xbox 360 my Xbox account, my GF can play it with her own account.

Is this not possible in Windows 8?
We have each an Xbox account, but we don't want to buy each game twice.

Bo

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
won't work with windows 8. It will allow you to create multiple profiles and just add whatever profile you want to the store. I think the profiles you create have to be local. You then assign whichever Xbox live account you want to the store and that is the one you will use for store purchases only.

mrpuny

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
She can install any apps you purchased (or vice versa) without repurchasing. The trick is to add the purchasing account info to the store in the other account.

So if you buy a game from your account, under your girlfriends account, in the store settings go to "Your account" and hit the "change user" button. Add your account info. At this point even under her user account, the store will be using your account and when she goes to "Your apps" (right click or swipe from top in the store) she'll see the game you purchased and can select it to install. Installing it will just essentially set the tile up on her start screen; it won't need to redownload if it's already installed under your account.

This will work whether she has a local account or Microsoft account. If you're wondering, game saves/progress/achievements will be under the user account of the player regardless of who purchased the game. So her saves, etc. will be separate from yours.

mkslive

Oct 25, 2010
Visit site
mrpuny: Awesome! Thank you very much. Very welcoming information. I will try that as soon as I get home.
I guess she will be very pleased.

AskaLangly

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
Awesome! Now my purchased apps can be on the mother-in-law's laptop. She is one of those people that doesn't like buying stuff online.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon