All-in + Skydrive Question

longcipher

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
Finally ditched Gmail for good today, so I am all-in on W8. Phone & tablet are like a well-oiled machine - I feel like I've been waiting forever for this level of smoothness with the perfect UI to match. And Windows 8 is superb, I really don't get the criticisms. Granted, it's a bit awkward to switch back to the desktop, but this is v1.0. Once the big devs get on board, we'll finally be rid of the desktop for good. I long for the metro version of the Adobe Creative Suite. I never wade into Apple VS PC debates, but if Apple had released this OS, people would be climbing over themselves to put it on their Macs. The world hates/distrusts MS, pure and simple -- and the hatred isn't unfounded, I was there once. People can't believe my Lumia runs a MS OS. MS's worst enemy is their years of phoning it in and cashing huge checks. Point blank, their marketing department is incapable of speaking to the masses. I hope they figure out how to market all of this goodness, because I'd hate to see it go the way of the Betamax one day.

Anyway -- here is my Skydrive question: When I'm in the metro version, how can I share a file? When I select a folder or document I get many options -- not one of them to share it with another user. The only sharing option I have is from the charms menu - but that's to send an email. I am looking for the same functionality I get from the web app: select file or folder with an option to share. What am I missing here? This seems like it would be a no-brainer.

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
I have share with Mail and People... both send a link to the file.

Other than getting a link without sending a link, I'm not sure how else you expect it to share.

Bartdog

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
when you set up an outlook.com address, what happens to your current "live" account, under your old gmail address? Does everything change automatically, no muss?

deadwrong03

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
Thanks also on the win 8 there's a setting in SkyDrive that allows u to access all ur PC files through SkyDrive how do u do this? When I go to photos it has a folder with my PC name but nothing loads it tells me to go in settings and allow SkyDrive to access my PC files but I don't see that option anywhere

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon