Finally ditched Gmail for good today, so I am all-in on W8. Phone & tablet are like a well-oiled machine - I feel like I've been waiting forever for this level of smoothness with the perfect UI to match. And Windows 8 is superb, I really don't get the criticisms. Granted, it's a bit awkward to switch back to the desktop, but this is v1.0. Once the big devs get on board, we'll finally be rid of the desktop for good. I long for the metro version of the Adobe Creative Suite. I never wade into Apple VS PC debates, but if Apple had released this OS, people would be climbing over themselves to put it on their Macs. The world hates/distrusts MS, pure and simple -- and the hatred isn't unfounded, I was there once. People can't believe my Lumia runs a MS OS. MS's worst enemy is their years of phoning it in and cashing huge checks. Point blank, their marketing department is incapable of speaking to the masses. I hope they figure out how to market all of this goodness, because I'd hate to see it go the way of the Betamax one day.

Anyway -- here is my Skydrive question: When I'm in the metro version, how can I share a file? When I select a folder or document I get many options -- not one of them to share it with another user. The only sharing option I have is from the charms menu - but that's to send an email. I am looking for the same functionality I get from the web app: select file or folder with an option to share. What am I missing here? This seems like it would be a no-brainer.
    03-08-2013 04:22 PM
    I have share with Mail and People... both send a link to the file.

Other than getting a link without sending a link, I'm not sure how else you expect it to share.
    03-08-2013 10:40 PM
    when you set up an outlook.com address, what happens to your current "live" account, under your old gmail address? Does everything change automatically, no muss?
    03-12-2013 02:58 PM
    how do u add folders to the metro skydrive app?
    03-14-2013 12:16 AM
    how do u add folders to the metro skydrive app?
    Swipe down from the top to bring up the bottom menu. Then click, "new folder" on the bottom menu.
    deadwrong03 likes this.
    03-14-2013 06:50 AM
    Thanks also on the win 8 there's a setting in SkyDrive that allows u to access all ur PC files through SkyDrive how do u do this? When I go to photos it has a folder with my PC name but nothing loads it tells me to go in settings and allow SkyDrive to access my PC files but I don't see that option anywhere
    03-14-2013 03:18 PM