Media server for streaming to tv

sportex

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Hi, does anyone know of a media server that I could stream content from my w8 desktop to my new Panasonic px-t50gt50b tv??? The user manual for the tv advises twonkey media server but it isn't available for w8.

Guzzler3

May 4, 2012
Visit site
Try good old "Media Player" as it is DLNA compliant Example guide

Now, another thing you can try, is open up a video in the Modern Video player, right swipe, select "Devices" and see if your TV is listed. It's been a bit of a hit-n-miss on this one for me though. Sometimes it works, some times it doesn't.

The same goes with IE Modern. Sometimes I can get a streaming video to play to my TV, sometimes I can't (again, start the video, right swipe, devices, select my TV).

Example of streaming a video to my TV: Revision3 > Tekzilla (any episode, and oddly enough some pron sites. But YouTube videos, I think I've gotten 1 video to play to my TV from Modern IE, and that's it.)

mr.nielsen

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
The same goes with IE Modern. Sometimes I can get a streaming video to play to my TV, sometimes I can't (again, start the video, right swipe, devices, select my TV).

You can stream HTML5 videos from IE Modern, but not Flash video. For example, go to http://www.youtube.com/html5 and active html5 video. Next you should be able to stream videos from YouTube via the share charm, to your device. Apps that implement the Play To contract will be able to stream via the share charm as well. Try the Channel 9 app for testing.

Cheers!

Guzzler3

May 4, 2012
Visit site
Aaaa, thanks for the HTML5 vs Flash info. It's been driving me mad trying to understand why I can't send all streaming videos to my TV. Danke!

Lundon44

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
Any suggestions on streaming MKV to a Smart TV? It used to work without any need for 3rd party apps installed on the Win8 PC but suddenly they no longer show up on the TV's side when streaming over... I can't figure out what happened. They used to play perfectly fine until one day the TV no longer recognized new videos added to the library. So I removed and re-added the library on the PC's end (assuming a refresh would fix it) and now it only shows some MKV's, the ones that do show up work and then some are displayed with a "?" and won't play. I don't get it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa