Windows 8 Apps disappeared.

CpMasterme

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
Hey, So i had this problem with my pc the 4th week i had it, Someone at HP forums said to refresh the pc, so i did. After that, My apps disappeared. The start menu has no apps, "All apps" shows nothing but blank green screen, What do i do?

Screenshot (2).png

Pc= H8-1304 PC
Hp Envy pavillion desktop
I7 3770 Quad core
No clue about any other specs

Note i just got my motherboard replaced, due to a problem with it.

markfive

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
Couple of questions....

What was the original problem you had (that caused you to refresh the PC)?

Are you using a Microsoft Account or a local PC account?

CpMasterme

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
Start-up had a blank screen, After the HP Logo sometimes it'd just go blank and turn off or something.
Microsoft account, I've tried making a local PC account but it's not letting me click the 'Users' Button.

markfive

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
Prior to the first occurrence of the problem, did you change anything about your MS account on the PC (in particular did you change the account type to standard)?

Do you know the Administrator password?

markfive

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
Ok, in that case can you try hitting the Windows key to switch to the traditional desktop. If that works, hit Win+X and select Command Prompt (Admin). Once you have the command prompt up, type "control userpasswords2" to get the User Accounts window displayed.

Couple of things to do here - firstly ensure that "Users must enter a username and password to use this computer" is ticked. In the list of users, confirm that your MS account is listed as being in the Administrators group. If not then select your MS account and then click Properties. In the Properties tab, select Group Membership and check the Administrators box, then OK.

If you needed to change anything in the User Accounts window then you should be sorted - reboot and see what happens. If you didn't have anything to change, can you just confirm back that all the settings are as described above.

Storl

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
Go to %localappdata%\Microsoft\Windows in explorer and remove the file appsFolder.itemdata-ms and restart Explorer
or
Go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced in regedit and change the value of StartMenuInit to 0 and restart Explorer

may help in your case, or not ~.~

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayven