Stupid Windows 8 store question

jwinch2

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
OK, so I just made the switch to Windows 8 last night upon the purchase of a new laptop. I have been using WP8 for a while now and am happy with it, and decently adept at knowing how to use it. However, for whatever reason the store on Windows 8 is frustrating me. Is there a way to search in that store for apps like there is the Windows Phone store? When I open the app on the metro start screen, I cannot find a way to do a search and instead have to scroll through the apps and choices it presents.

I'm sure there is a simple fix for this.

Thanks in advance. Sorry for the boneheaded question, mea culpa.

stmav

Retired Moderator
Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
Once you open the app, hit windows key + c to get the charms bar, click on the search there and it'll search the store.

stmav

Retired Moderator
Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
Yes, this. Or you can bring the mouse to the upper or lower right hand corner and that will do it.

Thanks. I have a Surface and swipe the screen. So the keyboard way was the only one I was familiar with. Now I know two ways for non touch.

ajst222

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Thanks. I have a Surface and swipe the screen. So the keyboard way was the only one I was familiar with. Now I know two ways for non touch.

That's right you can just swipe diagonally from the screen. See my laptop isn't touch since I just upgraded mine which I bought early last year. Windows 8 is great even without touch but I'm sure it's even better with.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss