I've downloaded iso file(64 bit) for Windows 8 Pro. I just extracted the iso in my hard drive disk( but i read somewhere that i need to get a dvd/ usb flash drive as a bootable device). So, the files was extracted and i just run the setup application just like any other applications. (FYI, i chose upgrade instead of custom during installation process)

After went through the installation process, my laptop restarted and gave me 3 options, boot with ( 1.windows 8, 2. Windows setup, 3. Windows 7)

I tried to choose win 8 but it stucked at Windows logo and restarted itself..and then the 3 options appeared again. So, i guess the insallation process is not complete...so i just chose win7 and my laptop boot normally.

So, i tried to reinstall again using the iso files that i've extracted earlier, but this time the setup application won't run. I really want to use Windows 8..
    any suggestion?

I am running win 7 64 bit.., can i install using iso file (32 bit)?
    07-06-2013 04:03 AM
    You can't install a 32-bit iso on a 64-bit PC. And what do you mean with "extracted the iso"? Did you extract it from a compressed folder?
    Oris likes this.
    07-06-2013 04:28 AM
    You can't install a 32-bit iso on a 64-bit PC. And what do you mean with "extracted the iso"? Did you extract it from a compressed folder?
    I don't have any dvd/usb drive, so i just right click on the iso file and click 'extract here' just like zip file. Then Setup Application appeared and i run it. Then, the installation process began.
    07-06-2013 06:18 AM
    Now i'm thinking of getting a usb flash drive as a bootable device and try to reinstall win8. This time i would to try a clean installation( choose 'custom' instead of 'keeping my files/setting).

Any tips or advice before i do that?
    07-06-2013 06:49 AM
    Ok, first things first. Your USB flash drive's size must be at least 4GB.
    Once you're ready, download this tool from Microsoft to create a bootable USB flash drive (works also with Windows 8); open it and select the original iso file (without extracting it) and your USB flash drive (you can also use this tool to create a bootable DVD, too). Click Begin copying and wait until the copying process finishes.
    When your iso is finally copied, go to Computer, open your USB flash drive, double-click Setup.exe and you're ready to install Windows 8.
    Laura Knotek and Oris like this.
    07-06-2013 07:24 AM
    Ok, first things first. Your USB flash drive's size must be at least 4GB.
    Once you're ready, download this tool from Microsoft to create a bootable USB flash drive (works also with Windows 8); open it and select the original iso file (without extracting it) and your USB flash drive (you can also use this tool to create a bootable DVD, too). Click Begin copying and wait until the copying process finishes.
    When your iso is finally copied, go to Computer, open your USB flash drive, double-click Setup.exe and you're ready to install Windows 8.
    I agree up to the end. When it is finally copied to the flash drive , restart the computer and select the startup option to boot from USB drive.
    Laura Knotek and Oris like this.
    07-06-2013 07:28 AM
    Another thing, after the installation i noticed that there are some files or 'boot' folder in my system reserved disk. This disk was empty before i tried to install Windows 8, but now there is a 'boot' folder. Should there be any problem if i try to install Windows 8? Or should i format this disk first?
    07-06-2013 09:24 AM
    Another thing, after the installation i noticed that there are some files or 'boot' folder in my system reserved disk. This disk was empty before i tried to install Windows 8, but now there is a 'boot' folder. Should there be any problem if i try to install Windows 8? Or should i format this disk first?
    Once you have everything you need backed up, it's a good idea to delete all partitions, format, and create a new one
    Oris likes this.
    07-06-2013 07:17 PM
    You can make any USB bootable via the following steps and with an ISO that is "bootable":

(1) Mount Windows ISO file.
    (2) Run "cmd.exe" as administrator.
    (3) Type "diskpart".
    (4) Type "list disk". Note which disk is your thumb drive. Let's assume disk 1 is your USB memory stick. Please verify it's not your primary drive with your operating system or your data drive.
    (5) Type "select disk 1".
    (6) Type "clean".
    (7) Type "create partition primary".
    (8) Type "select partition 1".
    (9) Type "active".
    (10) Type "format fs=fat32". "format quick fs=fat32" performs a quick format using FAT32 file system.
    (11) Type "assign". You'll notice that the drive letter of your USB memory stick has changed.
    (12) Type "exit".
    (13) Type "xcopy <source>:\*.* /s/e/f/h <destination>:\" (<source> and <destination> are drive letters)
    (14) Once the copying is completed, type "exit" to close the Command Prompt.

The "Windows 7 USB/DVD download tool" will only work on Microsoft products that are in ISO format.
    Laura Knotek, rdubmu and Oris like this.
    07-06-2013 08:30 PM
    Once you have everything you need backed up, it's a good idea to delete all partitions, format, and create a new one
    you mean it's ok for me to format system reserved partition?don't you think It will affect current os(Windows 7)? Sorry...i don't really know why i need to have system reserved partition...could you explain more?

Should i format or should i just delete a current one and create new system reserved partition?which one better?
    07-07-2013 12:06 AM
    You can make any USB bootable via the following steps and with an ISO that is "bootable":

(1) Mount Windows ISO file.
    (2) Run "cmd.exe" as administrator.
    (3) Type "diskpart".
    (4) Type "list disk". Note which disk is your thumb drive. Let's assume disk 1 is your USB memory stick. Please verify it's not your primary drive with your operating system or your data drive.
    (5) Type "select disk 1".
    (6) Type "clean".
    (7) Type "create partition primary".
    (8) Type "select partition 1".
    (9) Type "active".
    (10) Type "format fs=fat32". "format quick fs=fat32" performs a quick format using FAT32 file system.
    (11) Type "assign". You'll notice that the drive letter of your USB memory stick has changed.
    (12) Type "exit".
    (13) Type "xcopy <source>:\*.* /s/e/f/h <destination>:\" (<source> and <destination> are drive letters)
    (14) Once the copying is completed, type "exit" to close the Command Prompt.

The "Windows 7 USB/DVD download tool" will only work on Microsoft products that are in ISO format.
    I have an iso file format. So i guess i will try 'Windows 7 USB/DVD download tool 'first. If it doesn't work, then i'll try you suggestion.

Thanks guys for all your help and suggestions..will update soon when i get usb flash drive.
    07-07-2013 12:18 AM
    Update: Currently my laptop running Windows 8...thanks guys for your help! I'm happy right now and i'm sure there are a lot things to be learned for this new os!

Just simple question..how do i close Application running on Windows 8? Should i swipe right/left/upward/downwar/ or it will close itself when i open another Application?
    07-07-2013 03:45 AM
    Swipe down or click the top middle and drag down.
    Oris likes this.
    07-07-2013 04:59 AM
    Or hit ALT + F4 on your keyboard.
    Oris likes this.
    07-07-2013 06:26 AM