Lenovo Ideapad Lynx Vs. Microsoft Surface RT. (My yoga went swimming)

ibbyj

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
I don't really want to talk about what happened, but my Lenovo Yoga 11RT is at the bottom of Lake Michigan - That is all you need to know. :crying:

So, I am looking to replace it with either a Lenovo Ideapad Lynx or a Surface RT.

The Lynx is 11.6" - 64gb - Windows 8
Surface is 10" - 32gb - Windows RT
Both can be bought for 349.00

I like that the Surface has the "click on" keyboards, a full size USB port, and the general build quality.

I like the larger screen of the Lynx, and that is has full Windows 8. - Also seems to be a little snappier.

Hellllp me choose.

Last edited:

stmav

Retired Moderator
Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
What do you use your tablet for? Is there anything that you do that would benefit from having Windows 8 as opposed to RT? Price wise it's a close call. More space on the Lenovo, but usb and sd on the Surface. Guess you can't go wrong either way.

ibbyj

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
Really just web browsing. Media consumption.

I like the idea of being ABLE to install legacy programs if needed.. but its not essential.

Price is equal for both.

Jnbs

Mar 20, 2012
Visit site
Really just web browsing. Media consumption.

I like the idea of being ABLE to install legacy programs if needed.. but its not essential.

Price is equal for both.

Well you had an RT device before, if you feel that it was good enough for you then choose the Surface RT.. I would get the Lenovo Lynx because it has all the extra functionality.. Its better to have it and not to need it..

ibbyj

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
Well, I found a sealed Lynx on Craigslist for 300 - I think I'll go with that.
My concern with buying off craigslist is that I can't return if defective..argh.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett