Well, its 8-1. Where's the Beef?

stephen_az

Banned
Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
Guess they're still waking up in Redmond yet.... Didn't think wed see Blue go out today as rumored. ;)

Believe the rumor mill and be disappointed - pretty direct correlation. No one ever promised anything for August 1st and it is silly (at best) to assume that just because the upgrade is 8.1 it would be released on 8-1. It will go gold to manufacturers, barring major bugs, within the month but even if that was 8-1 it would mean to manufacturers (as in RTM) not consumers. On the old schedule an August RTM would equate to an October (at its earliest) release to consumers. While I expect this will not take that long since they are handling distribution a bit differently, if official release to consumers is any earlier than September I would be surprised. Actually, it would not shock me at all if the entire schedule pushes back a bit since a few significant bugs (including with Microsoft's own tablets) have cropped up, there are still Atom processor issues, and developers are hardly rushing to address some driver needs.

Guzzler3

May 4, 2012
Visit site
So... when it does get release, it will be release via the Store, right? So now I have to go to the store app on a regular basis to see if it comes out. Great. (sarcasm).

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
OK so if its going to OEM's soon does this mean if I bought an OEM copy of Windows 8 for system builders I should get the 8.1 upgrade within the next couple of weeks rather than October?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos