Set up ad hoc in windows 8

Oris

Apr 13, 2013
Visit site
I've upgraded to windows 8 but i can't find any option to set up ad hoc network(computer to computer) in my laptop. Is it has something to do with my wifi adapter or wireless driver? Or this feature is removed in windows 8? Because it was easier to set up ad hoc network in windows 7.

My laptop running windows 8 pro.

Oris

Apr 13, 2013
Visit site
Its still stupid that Microsoft removed all wifi settings from the UI and you need to use command prompt to do it.

I agree with you. Why microsoft need to remove this feature, its like downgrading the OS. Average user like me will have some difficulties to use command prompt. I cant find any good reason why MS need to remove this feature in windows 8.

stephen_az

Banned
Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
I agree with you. Why microsoft need to remove this feature, its like downgrading the OS. Average user like me will have some difficulties to use command prompt. I cant find any good reason why MS need to remove this feature in windows 8.

Probably because average users are based upon statistics and focus group research and such users as actually defined will seldom be doing what you want to do. You can also throw in ad hoc networks are contrary to most of what they have been doing on the security front for the past couple versions of the OS. Altogether, you are inconvenienced but they remove some lines of code, unnecessary heft to the OS, and some potential for bugs. Sorry, but that is a fair trade off for a bit of inconvenience for the few wanting to do something most would never consider or even understand.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGluco2