Installed Windows 8.1 this weekend

nycny

Nov 27, 2009
Visit site
Downloaded and installed Windows 8.1 on my PC this weekend. I am totally convinced this is the most awfulest POS in creation.
Steve Balmer should have not only resigned, he should have killed himself for letting this POS out of the factory!

wpfan86

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Downloaded and installed Windows 8.1 on my PC this weekend. I am totally convinced this is the most awfulest POS in creation.
Steve Balmer should have not only resigned, he should have killed himself for letting this POS out of the factory!

Well thanks for that insightful, constructive, and specific criticism. We are all very impressed with your useless, over-the-top hyperbole.

Was it really most awfulest? Could they have made it more worser? Who do you think is most funer, Steve Jobs or Bill Gates?

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Well thanks for that insightful, constructive, and specific criticism. We are all very impressed with your useless, over-the-top hyperbole.

Was it really most awfulest? Could they have made it more worser? Who do you think is most funer, Steve Jobs or Bill Gates?

Wouldn't funer have 2 n's - funner?

nycny

Nov 27, 2009
Visit site
Installed 8.1 64bit RTM from TechNet, clean install. Multiple apps and games crash or fail. Netflix will not run in native application, stalls at 21% loading. In IE Silverlight will not run in 64 bit. Had to run Netflix in Firefox. In tile mode none of the applications allow any interaction outside of app, ie share articles, copy/paste.
I wanted to like W8. I'm not sure anymore.

nycny

Nov 27, 2009
Visit site

You!

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Installed 8.1 64bit RTM from TechNet, clean install. Multiple apps and games crash or fail. Netflix will not run in native application, stalls at 21% loading. In IE Silverlight will not run in 64 bit. Had to run Netflix in Firefox. In tile mode none of the applications allow any interaction outside of app, ie share articles, copy/paste.
I wanted to like W8. I'm not sure anymore.

Have you not stopped to think that maybe everything needs a few system updates before its all ready to go? All the apps will probably need minor tweaks before its officially launched in October hence MS releasing it early so developers can get hold of it and make necessary changes. This is after all the reason they went back on the October release for all. The developers spoke and MS listened.

When the 8.1 beta went live there were loads of app updates to make it work and having been on that since it was announced I know there are still things that don't quite work properly because the dev responsible for the app hasn't done any updates.

Maybe you should have waited until full launch.

Or maybe you just did something wrong with the install.

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Nothing wrong with expressing your annoyance with an OS. Just maybe hold off until its officially released.

Sent from my Windows Phone 8X by HTC using Tapatalk

nycny

Nov 27, 2009
Visit site
Have you not stopped to think that maybe everything needs a few system updates before its all ready to go? All the apps will probably need minor tweaks before its officially launched in October hence MS releasing it early so developers can get hold of it and make necessary changes. This is after all the reason they went back on the October release for all. The developers spoke and MS listened.

When the 8.1 beta went live there were loads of app updates to make it work and having been on that since it was announced I know there are still things that don't quite work properly because the dev responsible for the app hasn't done any updates.

Maybe you should have waited until full launch.

Or maybe you just did something wrong with the install.

I will consider your comments as useful.
I do believe my installation was done properly. I also took into consideration developers are only getting the bits now, as I have.
This thing just doesn't feel right.
Nothing about it seems intuitive.
I've used Windows since 3.1/OSX.
I know Microsoft wants to go in a new, direction with tablets smartphones and all.
This thing isn't ready.

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Do you install from w7 or from w8? Just trying to work out if there is a load of updates that need to go on before it operates properly which may not be out yet if your going from w7

nycny

Nov 27, 2009
Visit site
Do you install from w7 or from w8? Just trying to work out if there is a load of updates that need to go on before it operates properly which may not be out yet if your going from w7

Full install from 8 to 8.1. I have a Windows.old file.
I've been using 8 for about 8mos.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayven