Installed Windows 8.1 this weekend

nycny

Nov 27, 2009
Visit site
So, more in the news. It appears that the IE app is also having problems rendering flash due to incompatibility issues.
It's somewhere else in this forum.
I'll try to find a link and post.
The work around is to have flash video open in desktop mode.
More to follow.

nycny

Nov 27, 2009
Visit site
Apart from Netflix and IE 11 issues, what are the new features that you like?

I really like 8.1, except for a lot of annoyances that will not play right as this hits the sales floor soon.
The layout is simpler, less cluttered.
I've been using the sharing "charm", it seems kind of hit or miss, will I share a link or screen shot? I've worked with phone systems quite a bit, and when soft keys were introduced customers were asking me "huh? I don't get it." same thing going on here with me.

I have to admit though, my job keeps me very busy and when I come home from work I want to escape. Not mess around with another piece of technology.

I guess I got what I asked for, by downloading this.

Last edited:

nycny

Nov 27, 2009
Visit site
I believe I will have to buy another hard drive (SSD 128G) for my os. All of my other files are stored on 3TB raid.
I cannot format primary HD.
Anyone got a suggestion?

Brandon Keenan

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
I disagree. I installed it over 8 on my primary desktop and everything feels smoother and more crisp. There are more user friendly options which people had concerns with 8 which have been addressed. I do not however see the need for the app list to be below the home screen. I was perfectly fine having to right click and hit all apps or to just search them.

mv740

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I believe I will have to buy another hard drive (SSD 128G) for my os. All of my other files are stored on 3TB raid.
I cannot format primary HD.
Anyone got a suggestion?
how come? You can always try using the windows 8 refresh setting which is windows reinstalling itself. I used it a couple months ago and it worked really well.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb