Android apps on your pc, how to do it step buy step (simple)

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Forgive me if I sound condescending, but why? I know Android is for the tinkering types, I get that. That would be akin to putting a Subaru motor in a Porsche. No offense to Subarus.

budney

Sep 6, 2006
Visit site
The BlueStacks app didn't like my video card, and wouldn't install. The bad Android memories come flooding back. lol

stephen_az

Banned
Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
First you need to download an Android client...ok let's keep this simple.

Download this app: Run Mobile Apps on Windows PC or Mac with BlueStacks | Android App Player

Open the app once downloaded and installed.

Use the search feature in the app to find the Android apps you want.

Note not all Android apps work flawlessly but some of them are brilliant...give it a try :wink:

You do not get access to all or even very many apps because it does not provide you with access to the Google Play Store. Last I checked, the only way around that is if you already own an Android device, in which case, why do you want to run over scaled phone apps on a PC when you have the Android device on which they were meant to run? It also does open up the prospect of defeating all the effort Microsoft has put in to security on Windows 7 and 8 by loading apps from the least secure OS in the business which includes ones not even certified by Google for its less than secure store. Throw in the fact that the player is poorly/inconsistently updated and runs badly to not at all on many machines and I simply do not see the point. Personally, I see Bluestacks to be just as much of a marketing scam as it has been from the start, with the perpetual promise of stuff coming soon with little to ever back it up. Sorry, but I cannot recommend its to anyone. If people want to install it, they do so at their own risk. If it works, they can then enjoy the generally low end of Android apps world all scaled up from less than 5 inches diagonal to your typical laptop. BTW, after some February Surface Pro hype, its minimal functionality was broken for many when Microsoft/Intel updated the display drivers. That is something the Bluestacks people did not/have not promptly addressed. Oh, also have fun uninstalling it since it is not fully compliant with current standards and leaves bits of itself installed.

stalemate1

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
You do not get access to all or even very many apps because it does not provide you with access to the Google Play Store. Last I checked, the only way around that is if you already own an Android device, in which case, why do you want to run over scaled phone apps on a PC when you have the Android device on which they were meant to run? It also does open up the prospect of defeating all the effort Microsoft has put in to security on Windows 7 and 8 by loading apps from the least secure OS in the business which includes ones not even certified by Google for its less than secure store. Throw in the fact that the player is poorly/inconsistently updated and runs badly to not at all on many machines and I simply do not see the point. Personally, I see Bluestacks to be just as much of a marketing scam as it has been from the start, with the perpetual promise of stuff coming soon with little to ever back it up. Sorry, but I cannot recommend its to anyone. If people want to install it, they do so at their own risk. If it works, they can then enjoy the generally low end of Android apps world all scaled up from less than 5 inches diagonal to your typical laptop. BTW, after some February Surface Pro hype, its minimal functionality was broken for many when Microsoft/Intel updated the display drivers. That is something the Bluestacks people did not/have not promptly addressed. Oh, also have fun uninstalling it since it is not fully compliant with current standards and leaves bits of itself installed.

Well I don't know, I do not have issues with it on my pc running Windows xp also the client gives you access to several app stores (search puffin browser and I'm pretty sure Google play will show up)

I know some apps hardly work and some work great...like all android devices you have to test many many apps to see which are the most compatible with your machine/device. What version of Windows are you running ?. I use the apps on full screen with my 19 inch display. Though it would be AWESOME if I owned a Windows 8 RT tablet....I could play the top Android games I want.

BTW I get your point of not needing the apps but for me I can now run Android benchmarks on my pc, so I can compare Windows xp, core 2 duo benchmarks against Android snap dragon...I just find it a cool thing to do...also I can test against the boasting of the octa core Samsung galaxy s4 . Though you may find the data managers useful....I admit....I'm a geek/nerd that has nothing better to do with my life than run Android apps on pc....I know, its sad.

oh and you can put what's app, icq, line, viber on your pc...thats the main reason I use blue stacks.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon