Microsoft Touch Mouse?Works Well on Windows 8?

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
I know the Touch mouse came out in 2011, and there are probably better mice out there now. But I don't want to spend too much money for a mouse on my Surface Pro 2. I found the Touch mouse very cheap on Amazon, and I want to get it. But I'm curious, how does it work with Windows 8? I know it was made for 7, but is it updated to work better with 8? And does anyone have one that can tell me if it is good? I want to use it for things that the touchscreen and tiny trackpad can't do, like play casual games (minecraft online). Thanks.

spaulagain

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
I got the older version of touch mouse and don't like it either. I like most of Microsoft's hardware like my MS keyboard. But the touch mouse is just weird.

By the way it works fine on Windows 8. In fact 99.9999% of all peripherals work fine on W8.

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
I got the older version of touch mouse and don't like it either. I like most of Microsoft's hardware like my MS keyboard. But the touch mouse is just weird.

By the way it works fine on Windows 8. In fact 99.9999% of all peripherals work fine on W8.

They have a newer version?

TeknoBlast

Jun 22, 2012
Visit site
I think any mouse works great with Windows 8. I have a very very old wireless mouse that I found in a tub of junk I was storing in the garage and I have no issues using it with Windows 8.

Eric J F

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
In January I bought two MS Explorer Touch mice (I think replaced by the Sculpt Touch) for my Windows 8 computers and they're probably the best mice I've ever used. I've replaced batteries once in one of them. I know they're different from the ones you're considering, but I sure like mine.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire